xvii.

the beginning of the end of an era

  "Hey, what do we do know? We're just some girls in the wrong timeline. Stranded alone with seven idiots who only one of seven could know the difference between they're and their!"

Walking and talking is what these girls were doing. It seemed as though they always did. With limited time on their phones and not even being home, it seemed like all they did was hang outside. Now they understand what their parents meant when they said back in the day.

It was a normal hot day for Oklahoma. And another day the girls still felt left out and homesick.

"Hey, how far until we get home?" Evelyn asked for the millionth time that day. "Twenty minutes."  Darry joked, no smile on his face as the heat waving through the sky had him and everyone else squinting their eyes. The Curtis house was only a few minutes away, he was just getting tired of Evelyn.

"What?" She yelled. Juliette smacked her arm with a frown. "He's joking idiot we're only-  you hear that?" Juliette interrupted herself as she heard faint screaming and commotion. It sounded like running and pounding.

"Darry!" A shout was heard.

The gang stopped their movements. "Sounds- Sounds like Ponyboy," Johnny uttered his first words of the day. "Oh shit what if it is?" Evelyn asked. They all gave each other a look before rushing over to the noise.

Good thing they did. They got there just in time to save Ponyboy any permanent damage from the beating he was getting from the socs. The gang all joined together to fight off or at least scare the socs away. Mission accomplished the socs got back in their mustang shouting a faint 'stupid greasers!'

how fun.

Darry and Sodapop approached their younger brother as the gang stood away slightly celebrating.

"You good kid? Looks like you're bleeding." Evelyn muttered going down next to Soda. But Ponyboy looked away avoiding her and sodas gaze, ultimately showing them the cut he received.

"You got cut up a little, huh, Ponyboy?"

"Gross you've got blood on your neck."

Soda and Evelyn blurted at the same time. They looked at each other weirdly but decided to not say anything.

"I did?" Ponyboy frowned, while Soda worked on trying to clean up his cut. Evelyn grimaced and stood up straight leaving the three brothers and headed to the gang.

While all that happened Juliette was stuck in a trance. A strong wave of deja vu hit her like a heat wave. She could remember all of this happening like a vision. Like a movie... oh shit.

"Evelyn, I need to talk to you!" Juliette exclaimed, dragging Evelyn away from the others, and spoke, "Evelyn it's time! The fucking movie is happening and we're nowhere near close to fixing that fucking Time Machine!"

Evelyn rolled her eyes.

"What's so bad about it?" She questioned, to her it seemed to be a normal thing. The only thing that she should be worrying about is if she wants her closest friends to die. "Wait, I lied I didn't ask that question." She muttered, and Juliette smiled sarcastically with a little head nod.
——

A/N: being sick sucks balls. Short? Sry<3