viii.

Shopping

   Shopping.

June 26, 1965.

People have friends. People don't have friends. Then there are those weirdos who think everybody likes them. Or finally, those who just have everyone either adore them or are scared of them. Just like those bullies in a Disney franchise.

It's been a good twenty minutes since their encounter with 'Two-bit' Of course Evelyn scolded Juliette for leaving her in the store like that and making her waste twenty bucks but they made up and were officially engulfed with a comfortable silence. That was until a certain redhead came up and tapped their shoulders. They turned around.

"Hey I'm Sherri but you can call me Cherry. I had a friend who told me you were rich but you obviously aren't dressed like it and now I can see why." 'Cherry' said looking them up and down. As if, once again, judging the two girls. They were both flattered and confused. They looked like they had good money.

"And I'm Marcia." The black-haired girl added with a smile after her friends' mini-rant. "I'm sorry there's something wrong with the way we're dressed?" Juliette asked offended. And Cherry almost looked scared. She quickly changed her mistake. "No you totally pull that off but. But you two are socs and aren't dressed like it." Cherry nodded. The two girls looked at each other and frowned.

"Uhm, do you mind telling us what a soc is?" Evelyn said annoyed with this conversation. Juliette nodded and said, "And what puts you under the impression that we're rich?" Cherry stuttered and looked at Marcia then back at the two girls in front of her. "You both ain't from around here aren't ya'," Cherry said with a giggling Marcia next to her. They both nodded. Cherry smiled and nodded.

"That makes sense. 'Round here there's two social groups called socials and greasers. Me and Marcia are socs. You meet anybody with greasy-looking hair no doubt their greasers." Cherry explained. And for a second Juliette looked confused as she could've sworn she heard those two before. She just can't remember where and by the looks of it Evelyn also recalls these two words. "Also 'round here people who are dressed like how you are get jumped," Marcia added. She looked around and her eyes sparkled as she set her eyes on a store in town.

She looked back to her red-headed friend and whispered something in her ear. Meanwhile, the two best friends looked at each other completely dumbfounded. They knew it was a common thing to get jumped but to get jumped for the way they're dressed. That's some serious anger issue.

From what Marcia whispered to Cherry her eyes seemed to light up just like how Marcia did a few seconds ago. "Hey! Let's go shopping. Get you gals a few skirts and dresses and get you dressed like a real soc, yeah? Great." She rushed and dragged the two girls pulling their hands.

Aw shit.

Now the four girls had been in the store for almost an hour. Two of them had gotten tired of it the moment they stepped in and the other two looked like they could do this the entire day. It couldn't be that hard to guess who.

"Ugh, I'm tired of this. And this is like two hundred dollars we are wasting on stupid dresses and skirts. Jules get us out of this!" Evelyn complained. As she sat down on the seat in the fitting room. Meanwhile, the soc friends were waiting for them outside. They seemed so happy to be doing something in their nature. Too happy to notice the other two's discomfort.

Juliette sighed as she was looking at herself in the mirror. In all honesty, she thought she was really pretty. Her curves were showing it was tight clothes showing her body and made her butt look bigger. "Yeah this is the last dress and I'll tell them we're burnt or something," Jules said not putting much thought. Although Evelyn loved how Juliette was confident in what she was wearing she was taught to put herself first. "Ok," Evelyn rolled her eyes.

So they stepped out holding a couple of dresses each. They explained how they felt and although the other girls were confused because everyone loves shopping, they left.

"I can't believe the total cost was only forty dollars," Juliette said examining the amount of bags she had in hand. "Well, that's the perk of being rich. Not much is expensive." Marcia said giggling. She seemed to always be doing that.

"Hey Cherry there's the DX!" Marcia exclaimed. Seeming to be excited. Cherry nodded and looked back at us. "The cashier in there is a real looker." Marcia nodded. "Well, I could go for a snack," Evelyn said holding her stomach. "Juliette snuck a little 'fatass.' Evelyn heard it but couldn't react in enough time as Marcia pulled out an old bag of Doritos from her purse.

It seemed to look real old and the expiration date said, "Expired: July 31st, 1965." Evelyn exclaimed as she clutched the bag of chips looking up to the socs to down to the bag of chips.
Marcia and Cherry shrugged. "You'll be fine that's till next month. Let's go to the DX you both can get somethin' there." Cherry said and started her trip to the gas station with Marcia following close behind.

The other two girls just looked at each other. All the questions they had before have now been answered. They were in the past. Not just some random place these weird scientists sent them to but a rural area far away from the olden days of Tulsa, Oklahoma.

——
A/N: watching the Barbie movie but super excited to post these chapters. Also Cher>>>>