xi.

monday mornings

       monday mornings

They always said you have to be careful who to trust. Or stranger danger. Maybe these rules were made because of one person. Because now Evelyn sits on the floor of someone's house because she and her friend needed a place to rest. Wasn't the world just peaceful and beautiful back then? What happened...

Evelyn yawned as she checked the clock on the wall. It was currently 3:27. Meaning she technically did have to wake up soon. If not for the fact that she was up all night. She was also planning on waking up Jules pretty soon. She was left in her thoughts for a while and sometimes switched the channel when shows that randomly came on were boring. The only shows she did watch were Mickey Mouse and what she learned was called, The F.B.I. It was a new one so she was real happy she got to watch the first episode.

It also occurred to her that she had a phone that probably wasn't much use but could work. You never know. So with her drunk tiredness kicking in, she grabbed her purse and pulled out her phone. What shocked her was that the date still said June 28, 2023, the time was officially the same as the clock on the wall. Now Evelyn didn't know much about time travel but she knew enough to know the chances of that would be close to impossible.

Does my phone work?

She questioned herself and unlocked it. She tried texting Ariana at first to inform her she won't be at work for a while but she wouldn't know if it delivered. It wouldn't say it did or didn't. So after a while of texting the little number of people on her phone, she did what any sane person would do and played no wifi games. Smart right?

Yeah, she played subway surfers for a few minutes. She almost didn't realize Sodapop coming into the room. Fortunately, she did and hurriedly put her phone away, just as Sodapop came out rubbing his eyes, yawning, and stretching in his PJs. "Evelyn! Your awake." He whispered. She frowned. "Yeah, I said I'd wake up at around this time." He nodded.

"I just hoped I'd be awake before you. Uh, do you want breakfast?" Evelyn smiled and shook her head. Although she was starving the sensation she always felt in her stomach was nice to her. "I'm fine. And I wouldn't mind cooking I love to!" She said as she got up and headed straight for the kitchen to check the fridge. It was nice for the condition the home looked it was in outside.

Sodapop stood there flabbergasted. She was supposed to be the guest. But it also made him wonder. If she was some preppy rich soc why didn't she have a place to live in? Then reality hit him. And so he approached the fridge shutting it in her face and blocking the way to it.

"Before that happens I'd like to know how you ended up, uh, homeless you know without a home. You've got money.." He said and for a second Evelyn looked scared. She thought about the events that happened. She got a letter, said fuck it, ended up in a weird scientist building, landed in a grassy area, and was left stranded and unattended. Her backstory. She slightly smirked.

Soda snapped her back into reality. "Uhm?" He hummed and Evelyn came back into focus. "Oh yeah! Uhm. Me and my sister." She referred to her best friend suddenly sounding sincere. "We were kicked out. We did some pretty bad things..." She trailed off getting teary-eyed. She didn't mind lying but to someone like him. She felt sort of guilty. Sort of.

Now Soda was feeling like a fool. "Oh! Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I-" He chuckled. "I'm an idiot." Evelyn slightly smirked and looked up at Juliette's awakening figure. She took her smug face off and wiped a tear. "It's fine. You didn't know."

It was officially thirty minutes later. Evelyn was finished cooking some eggs and bacon, toasting bread, and now was flipping pancakes. Sodapop had taken a shower and came out of his room slightly dressed, and Juliette was washing her face. She didn't have any skincare products but she could do the least to prevent her skin from breaking out into pimples and stuff.

"Woah! Evelyn you didn't have to make all that..." Sodapop entered the kitchen seeing all the food Ev had prepared. She just shrugged flipping her pancake from pan to plate and celebrated lightly. "I said I like cooking didn't I?"

Soda nodded and laughed lightly. "You sure do." He mumbled and left to his room to wake up his younger brother but what scared him was his older one walking out of his room squinting at the lights being on. "Soda! What is all of this." He yelled his voice booming throughout the house. Evelyn slightly flinched and Juliette halted her movements. "The fuck was that?" She questioned herself.

———
A/N: I need help😭 I was playing mm2 and I beat e- daters teamers and they proceeded to call me the n-word and told me to kill myself🙄. Then the boy leaves and the girl says he was testing the system 🤷‍♀️🤨 anyways I was bored.