44 | iris

chapter 44 - iris"you're the closest to heaven that i'll ever be"HAECHAN▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

chapter 44 - iris
"you're the closest to heaven
that i'll ever be"
HAECHAN
▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

tw: mentions of death

"What part of laying low involves throwing punches at a beach party?"

Arya stares down at me sitting on my hotel room's sofa with a gruesome bloody lip. The walk back from the beach to here was deadly silent, the tension almost eerie. And now the woman in front of me is shouting and waving her arms around like the situation is my fault.

"Well, I don't think doing body shots with Taeyong is exactly keeping a safe distance either, so it looks like we both can't keep promises, doesn't it?" I retort.

She runs her hand through her hair, exhaling sharply.

"That's not the same. Nobody knows who me or Taeyong are, but last time I checked Haechan, you're famous! And at parties, cameras tend to follow, especially when there's a fight."

Shaking my head, I stifle a frustrated laugh. "What was I supposed to do? Stand there and watch whilst that idiot had his hands all over you?"

Her hands go to her hips, where those evil denim shorts hang loosely, the top button unfastened to expose the front of her red bikini bottoms. If I weren't so mad at her I'd bite my lip and groan as I looked, but now all I can think about is how Taeyong's bony fingers were brushing the fabric moments ago, and now I'm pissed again.

"That's exactly what you're supposed to do!" She shouts, and it makes me tongue my cheek whilst she continues. "Because the last time I checked, you don't get to call the shots on who I can and can't talk to."

"So what? You argue with me and go and talk to the one person I told you is bad news, fuck you drive me insane Arya."

That snaps her attention, any emotion on her face vanishes leaving behind a red fiery anger. "Don't pull that card with me Lee Haechan! You started this by letting those girls hang off of you whilst you do drugs."

I chuckle and shake my head. It only strokes her fury further. "I don't get why you're finding this funny."

God, this woman of mine is impossible.

"Let me get this straight, you decided to do shots with Taeyong because I was doing coke with some waitresses?"

"You say that like it's normal."

I turn my head to the side with a huff, "That's what I've been trying to tell you. This is my normal, Arya. My world is full of fucking drama, and that's why I didn't want you involved."

"That's not fair and you know it," she protests, "You shut me out immediately and haven't even given me a chance to understand your world. You're just making decisions for me!"