26| brooklyn baby

chapter 26 - brooklyn baby "my boyfriend's in a band

"my boyfriend's in a band."
ARYA
▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

"Put that down, Haechan!" I snatch the white bra that the lead singer had tangled in his fingers from his grip with a scowl.

He throws his hands up in defence as he watches me stuff the undergarment in my suitcase. Then he huffs and takes a seat on my bed.

"Don't you think you're a bit old to be having cartoon characters on your pyjamas?" He quirks a smug eyebrow.

I smack his hand, which hand now moved to linger over the Little Mermaid bottoms I had thought were a good idea to pack, away from my bag and shoot him another glare.

"Why are you in my hotel room?

"I'm not allowed to visit you, Angel?" He sinks further into the bed.

I try to bite my tongue, "No you're not! And why are you poking around my stuff?"

He rolls his eyes, "One, because you told me to be here to pick you up twenty minutes ago; and two, because what else am I supposed to do whilst I'm bored of waiting around for you?"

I huff out a frustrated breath from my nostrils and I'm ready to claw his eyes out from his head, but he speaks.

"I thought it was just dinner, why are you packing this much stuff?"

He goes to probe around my bag again, but I grip his arm to stop him. I take that moment to zip the small suitcase up, keeping him out.

"It is just dinner for you, but knowing my mum she'll want me to spend the night," I sulk.

Haechan's eyes narrow as he watches me pull the bag from the bed to rest upright. He's studying me, eyebrows furrowed in thought, as I put my jacket on and dust myself off in the floor-length mirror.

"What do you mean 'knowing your mother'?" He asks, standing to his feet and walking behind me.

Our eyes meet in the reflection, "It's...complicated."

"But it's simple enough for Jeno to understand, huh?"

My neck snaps around to face him, "What's that supposed to mean?"

He looks down at the floor and kicks his feet with a shrug. "Nothing...just wondered when the two of you got so close?"

"Close isn't exactly the word I'd use to describe Jeno and me?" I explain.

"What is the right word then?"

I glower at him and cross my arms in front of my chest. He's looking back at me, eyes focused on my face.

"I don't know, Haechan! And I've already told you, it's none of your concern to be questioning my relationships."

He scoffs and places his hands behind his back as he walks closer to me, closing the gap between the two of us. I take the moment to take him in. The faded black band t-shirt sculpted his body in all the right places, with a few holes around the worn collar. Tight black jeans with distressed rips in the knees and black boots. He looked like the perfect walking red flag.