20| robbers

chapter 20 - robbers"now if you never shoot, you'll never know " ARYA▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

"now if you never shoot,
you'll never know "
ARYA
▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

"You can't seriously be getting second thoughts again, Arya." Iseul says back through the phone after I told her about last night.

It was true. I was having second thoughts.

Last night, smoking on the rooftop with the boys, gave me an entirely new perspective on the members of Dream. They felt human, like friends.

Fuck, even Mark started getting all soft on us talking about going back home.

When you see boys living a lavish rockstar lifestyle, with constant media scandals, it's hard to remember the people behind the sex, drugs, and parties are just that.

People.

And racing seemed important to them. I'm not sure why, and it was definitely not a world I'd want to get tangled up with; but, they all had a glimmer of excitement wash over their features at the mention of Jaemin's win. It felt wrong to document that aspect of their lives and share their one private secret with the world.

Especially when they'd invited me into it. It was a sneaky and simple betrayal. I didn't like breaking people's trust. I knew how that felt.

"I can't believe all it took was one joint and you're flaking out on me," she huffs.

"I'm not flaking out on you. It would be my story anyway, and I'm not exactly comfortable with having my name attached to something like this," I say, flopping onto my hotel room bed in defeat.

"Something like what?"

"Something so invasive Iseul!"

There's a silence for a moment.

"It's not invasive, Arya. You'd be doing the right thing. Illegal street racing is dangerous to everyone."

I debate putting the phone down and hanging up, but she speaks again.

"Are you forgetting how they've treated you the past couple of days? They're not good people. They've been nice to you once and you're ready to fold?"

She had a point-to some extent.

"I don't know, I just can't shake the feeling, it makes me feel so wrong," I shiver.

"You don't have to shake it, you just have to go on that date with Jaehyun tonight and try and get as much information as possible," she says with a little too much enthusiasm.

"Shit! I forgot about the date!" I race around, knowing that's what had started the conversation in the first place.

At the peak of my high, I had texted Jaehyun back agreeing to dinner. When I told Iseul about it she figured it would be a great opportunity to put my detective skills to use and retract as much information as possible from him. But, roughly thirty minutes before he was supposed to leave and pick me up, the doubts had crept up on me and led me to the conversation I'm having right now with my best friend.