19| sit down

chapter 19 - sit down"i smell some jealousy,you should just let that be" HAECHAN▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

"i smell some jealousy,
you should just let that be"
HAECHAN
▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞

"What the fuck was that, Haechan?"

Mark's quick on my tail, following me back to my hotel room and sneaking through the door before I had any time to shut him out. I can hear the five minute lecture brewing in his tone and I groan at the thought.

"What the fuck was what?" I ask.

Mark being Mark says nothing and just shakes his head like I was an idiot for even trying to play this game with him. We'd been friends for years, he knew I wasn't actually clueless. He could read me like an open book.

He folds his arms across his chest and takes the seat next to me on the small sofa I had cushioned myself in with a large bottle of beer in my hand.

If I was going to listen to him complain, I wasn't doing it sober. And weed alone wasn't enough to give me a high that would drown out Mark Lee.

"You're jealous."

I almost choke on the gulp of beer making its way down my throat.

He states it like it was a fact but I can assure you, it most certainly is not. I wasn't jealous-not even a little bit. Angel could, and can, talk to whoever she wants. Even if that someone was an asshole who's shit at racing. It's none of my business if she has poor taste in men.

In fact I'd argue I was dodging a bullet if she saw something in that guy. Not that the bullet was aimed at me, because it wasn't. I wasn't interested. This was all strictly hypothetical.

Fuck this. I needed a cigarette too, if I was going to listen to Mark's bullshit.

I groan, pulling out the tobacco-filled stick from my pocket, "I'm not jealous, I was just supervising a conversation. I hate seeing people make ill informed decisions."

Mark scoffs, "Ill informed decisions?"

"That's what I said, isn't it?"

"Funny how the only conversation you're interested in supervising is the one where he asks her on a date," He says with a shit eating grin that I was so close to punching off of his face.

I roll my eyes, "It's Jeong Jaehyun, he's like our biggest rival."

"Jaehyun's cool, and you know he is," Mark begins. "Yeah we race with him and stuff, but you've never had an issue with him before. In fact I remember you going to his Halloween party last year."