- How It Happened -

༺༻

The Beast

My ruling at The Titan Kingdom was starting to get exhausting. I was constantly trying to protect my kingdom from outsiders. I was constantly attempting peace treaties and dealing with internal affairs at the same time.

About a year into my ruling, I had gotten the pleasure of being visited by Princess Hanni, Princess Danielle, and Princess Haerin.

It was all at separate times.

But, there was one Princess that I was yet to be paid a visit from.

Princess Hyein.

I had called to request her immediate presence at The Titan Kingdom, but Minji kept refusing.

After months of trying to convince Queen Minji, I got tired of trying.

That's until, a certain little princess started to rebel.

I began to receive letters marked "L. HY" in the bottom corners of the envelopes.

Soon after, Hyein and I started exchanging letters via an enchanted bird of mine

Hyein shared that Philip had become her personal guard after I had been banished from the kingdom.

Her and Philip had gotten very close, so he had allowed her to send me a letter to confirm her well-being.

We spent a few months writing back and forth. Sharing about our days, our meals, our feelings, our fears, and dreams.

Our letters had gotten very personal an intimate.

It got to the point were we would sign off, "I miss and Love you."

Not much longer after that, Princess Hyein began to rebel even more. She started going into the Enchanted Tunnels underneath The Castle to secretly call me.

I had given Hyein my personal phone number for emergency reasons, but she used it for her leisure.

I didn't mind it though.

I missed hearing her voice.

It was then, that I started to catch feelings for her.

We would talk every night.

I made sure to never miss a call.

Even when I was busy with my nighttime duties or had events to attend in the Nocturnal District. No matter how tired I was or how much I didn't want to be bother by anyone....

I would make sure to always pick up Hyein's calls.

Her laugh would ease up my days, her silly jokes would make my heart flutter, her stories about fighting with The Princess and The Queen were quite entertaining....

And most importantly, she never failed to ask how I felt and how my well-being was.

Hyein would use me to vent or ease her boredom.

Princess Hyein genuinely cared about me.

It always warmed my heart to see her name light up on my phone screen or to walk into my bedroom and find those rustic looking envelopes just laying on my bed.

Things between Hyein and I had gone on like that for about almost a year. Until, a few months ago.

Hyein stopped calling or sending letter.

I figured she might have been caught or possibly had stopped because she became uninterested.

Regardless, I tried to kept the warm feelings I had for her and not let them turn bitter.

It was because of Hyein that I finally accepted an invitation to The New Kingdom.

I wanted to see her.

If she couldn't come to me, then I would go to her....

Even if it broke my heart.

I accepted my invitation, packed my things, and tucked an engagement ring into my pocket....

Just in case it would the only chance I ever got.

I knew that invitation to The New Kingdom was for purely superficial reasons. Minji had only invited me to be perceived as a ruler with great relations to well known beast kingdoms, but I wasn't going to let that make me proud.

I wanted to see the girls, I wanted to save face for Queen Minji, but most importantly....

I wanted to see Hyein.

Once I finally returned to the main Dance Hall after my argument with Queen Minji, Princess Hyein was nowhere to be found.

༺༻

Princess Hyein

After Y/n was dragged away by Minji unnie, The girls dragged me to the coronation room.

"What the hell was that?!" Hanni unnie asked a bit shocked.

"Oh my god, I told you!" Haerin unnie exclaimed.

Haerin unnie was the only one that knew about my secret letters and calls to Y/n. I had entrusted every single one of my secrets to her...

And luckily, she never let me down.

She would even supported me and said that it seemed like The Beast liked me back.

I think that's why I kissed Beast unnie when I finally saw her.

It really did feel like we had a mutual connection.

"So, what are you gonna say?!" Dani unnie exclaimed all excited.

The girls were all giddy and excited about the situation.

"I- I- I might... I don't know!!" I got a bit shy and flustered.

I think I wanted to say 'yes'.

I am sure I was about to say 'yes'.

"Oh my god, Minji is going to throw a fit!!" Hanni unnie suddenly seemed to change in moods.

"Oh my god, she will!" Dani unnie seemed to follow Hanni's demeanor.

Haerin unnie and I turned to look at each other a bit confused, but soon the girls started to share what had happened when Minji unnie disappeared for a little not long after she banished Y/n from our kingdom.

They told us about how Minji had proposed to Beast unnie, but Y/n denied and chose to stay in The Titan Kingdom.

It was a heartbreaking story to be honest.

"So, what do you think you're gonna say?!" Everyone seemed to get all excited again.

After hearing what had happened with Minji unnie....

I wasn't sure anymore.

༺༻

-

-

-

-

-