- Refuge -

༺༻

The Beast

I arrived at The Titan Kingdom a bit relieved that the girls were okay.

"The Queen and Princesses have retreated to the Fairy District!" The Head Gargoyle announced as I entered The Castle.

"Very well," I took a deep breath as I took my suit jacket off.

I didn't really want to be around the girls at the moment, but I was glad I could at least have my people keep an eye on them.

"Beast?" Guard Phil suddenly caught my attention.

I furrowed my brows at his a bit confused, and he corrected himself... "I mean, Your Majesty."

I was even more confused on why he did that, but I respect that he did so.

"Would you so kind as to direct me in the direction of The Princesses? It is my duty to remain with the young princess at all times," Phil gave me a bow.

I sighed and signaled one of my castle guards to take him to where he needed to go.

༺༻

Guard Philip

It was odd to see The Beast so uninterested in the girls' well-being.

I guess it maybe I just didn't know Y/n anymore. It had been years since Y/n got banished from The New Kingdom.

"Let's go," A huge troll tapped my shoulder.

I quickly jumped back from the sight.

Up until now, The only beasts I had ever come in contact with were Y/n, her friends, and The Princesses. Seeing trolls, gargoyles, and everything else in The Titan Kingdom was new to me.

"Disregard my orders. I will take him to the fairy district. I don't need him freaking out and accidentally offending on his way there," Y/n sighed out.

I cleared my throat a bit embarrassed and lowered my eyes.

I had seen a lot of crazy things happen around the castle grounds at home, but this was 100x all I had ever experienced. It was like a constant magic trick being performed or one of those normal people movies about Zombies and things.

"Come on, Philip. I don't have all day," The Beast walked past me.

I followed orders and fixed my eyes on Y/n's paws.

While at The New Kingdom, Y/n appeared to have returned to their younger state. The half-beast half-human look... but now that we were in her kingdom...

Y/n was 80% Beast and 20% Human.

"Stop staring. I can't explain it myself... but I have a theory... and it seems like this curse is a bit more complicated than we all thought," Y/n was cold with me as we mounted our houses.

"Sorry," I mumbled under my breath.

A part of me wanted to ask more about this theory, but I had to be respectful to The Royal in front of me. Y/n wasn't part of our kingdom anymore, so I had to act accordingly.