Chapter 7 I'm sorry.

Why did all of the best things have to happen to me? Why couldn't good things happen in my life? All of the memories of my past started to come back into my mind as I sat in the hospital. You are probably wondering what am I doing in a hospital? I'm fine this morning I was woken up from a phone call by my foster dad telling me that my mom had been rushed into the hospital. All of these years growing up I should have noticed, how skinnier she was getting, how pale she was getting, how unhealthy she was getting and just how broken she was. She hid all of the pain every single day by smiling and telling me she was right but I should have known she wasn't alright.

-Flash back to this morning-

All the way through the night I was having a nice and happy dream about the one and only Roman Reigns. This guy is haunting he's everywhere I go even when I close my eyes and sleep he's still there. Roman was about to kiss me for the very first time but that interrupted by my phone ringing. I groaned as I opened my eyes I looked at my bed side table, grabbing me phone and putting it against my ears.

''Hello, thank you for ruining a perfectly good dream what do you want?'' I asked my hand going on the top of my head as I closed my eyes again.

''Lucy? I've been trying to call you for a very long time you need to come quickly you mother has been rushed to the hospital. I know that we have been lying to you but I know she want's to see you and explain so please come over to the hospital.'' My fathers voice sounded worried I knew that he was holding in all of his tears the lump in his throat gave all that away. I sat up and got out of bed trying to find some clothes to put it wasn't easy doing all of this while your head is holding the phone between your ear.

''Don't worry I will be right there.'' I hang up and put my phone into my jacket I then ran out of my apartment to my car and drove to the hospital.

-End of Flashback-

That is why I am here right now for years my mom has been battling cancer a cancer that they have tried to cure but it was too late. I should have noticed I shouldn't have been too caught up in my problems I should have helped her. Instead I just gave them an hard life when I was a teenager I wish I could go back in time and change everything. I watched as my dad paced backwards and forwards near the window of my mom's room. The clock was ticking on the wall above my head time was going too slow I just wanted to go in that room and hug my mother so tightly.

''This is all my fault'' I whispered placing my head in my hands my dad must have heard me because he sat down next to me and placed his hand on my back.

''No, Don't say that what makes you think that this is your fault?'' He asked me I sighed sitting up a little has the tears rolled down my cheeks.

''Growing up I had an hard time, I made it hard for you guys always arguing and shouting at you. When all you did was took me in when I needed somewhere to go I never said thank you for all of the nice things you guys have done for me. Now she's laying in a hospital bed I wish I could change back time.'' Tears rolled down my cheeks I tried to be strong and hold them in but I guess I wasn't strong enough.

''I'll admit it was hard for us when you were a teenager but we don't regret adopting you not one bit. We never told you who your real parents were because we wanted to act like you were a real daughter to us. Your mother wanted to act like she was your real mother and I wanted to act like I was your real father. We knew that if we told you who your real parents were then maybe you would go find them we just wasn't ready to lose you yet. When you went away to go and become a wrestler we both lost it we cried for hours. Adopting you was the best thing that has ever happened to us and no matter what happens you will always be our daughter.'' Hearing those words the words that I've been wanting to hear for a very long time brought a smile on my face even though the tears were falling down my cheeks.

'''You and Grace will always be my parents, I'm sorry for all of the trouble I caused you guys. Because of you I started getting into wrestling and now look at me I'm in the WWE and I'm a changed person it's all thanks to the both of you. I love you guys so much and yes I know who my real parents are but you and Grace will always be my number one parents.'' I wiped away all my tears as my father held me in his arms at that moment a doctor walked out my moms room with no expression on his face.

''Mr Jones, We've tried our very best to help your wife I'm afraid the cancer has been spreading through her bones for a very long time. Your wife has asked for Lucy to come into the room she want's to speak to you.'' The doctor said looking at me I looked at my father but he nodded his head telling me to go. I slowly walked inside her room and to the chair next to her bed where I placed my hand in hers she held on tightly. I didn't recognize her at all this wasn't my mom this wasn't the woman who adopted me. The woman that adopted was strong and brave this woman lying on her death bed wasn't strong anymore.

''L... Lucy?'' She whispered she didn't sound the same either I had to be strong for her but I couldn't help to let the tears roll down my cheeks again.

''I'm so sorry I wish that I was a better daughter to you I'm sorry for blaming you for all the things I couldn't do.'' I laid my head on her chest and sobbed she rubbed my back I knew that tears were also falling down her cheeks.

''Don't blame yourself, you were an angry teenager back then you wanted the truth we should have told you. We wanted to protect you because we wanted to keep you like you were our own we wasn't ready to say goodbye.'' I lifted my head up to look back at her face this is the truth I've been wanting to hear for a long time.

''I'm not ready to say goodbye to you I don't want to say goodbye not yet please stay.'' A smile lit my mothers face it didn't reach her eyes like her smiles usually does but at least she smiled.

''No one is ready but we must say goodbye to our loved ones someday my time has now come. You have made me so proud and I know you are going to go to the top of that ladder. To become the best we must change and forget the past focus on the present and on the future. I may not be able to watch every thing you achieve at the front row but I'm still watching looking down on you. I love you my darling.'' Her voice became more quiet and gentle time was running out I kissed her forehead as more tears rolled down my cheeks.

''I promise I will make you proud, I will be strong and I will look after dad thank you for everything you have done for me. I love you too mom goodnight and sleep tight.'' I whispered it looked she wanted to say something else but it was too late the monitor started to beep. It seemed like she froze she's gone and I can't do anything to bring her back.

I walked back outside to where my father was sitting and waiting when he looked at the look at my face he broke down. He lost his best friend, his soul mate, his partner, his wife and one true love. The words that my mother said to me just before she died started to replay in my mind Roman then came into my head. I walked outside of the hospital while a nurse tried to calm down my father I went to stand beside a tree. I looked up at the blue sky and softly whispered.

''I promise.'' I looked back down to see Roman Reigns walking towards me how did he know that I was here? Then I remembered I called Stephanie and told her about the situation. ''How did you know I was here?'' I still had to ask him the question has he walked more closer to me.

''Hunter told me you was here Randy wanted to come over but Stephanie told me that I should. Come here.'' He held out his arms for me instantly I ran into his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him tightly while I sobbed. He wrapped his arms around my waist and just let me sob in his arms in Roman's arms I felt safe, In Roman's arms I felt protected, In Roman's arms I felt like I was at home.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

I'm so sorry for the emotional chapter this was hard for me to write too just to clear it up Lucy/Jasmine had no idea that her foster mom Grace had cancer. I just wanted to say thank you for the 3K reads on this books it means a lot that you guys are reading this and enjoying. Please keep reading, voting and commenting those things mean a lot. Look our for the next chapter which should be up soon. I love you guys, bye! :) <3