Chapter 23. A New Adventure.

Is it possible for someone to change their minds about starting a relationship? Can they get cold feet because it didn't work out the last time? Well, that's how it feels with Roman at the moment, I am not the one who is changing my mind. For the past few days he talked about taking me on a date and I got really excited about that, our date night was supposed to be tonight but he cancelled at the last minute. Now here I am sitting on the couch in a red dress sighing to myself even though all I wanted to do was to crawl into bed and cry. I sent him a text back asking if there was something wrong but he hasn't replied and that was an hour ago. A thought entered my mind was he with another woman right now, is that why he cancelled? Has he changed his mind about trying again? Doesn't he love me anymore? A lot of questions were running through my mind I tried to ignore them but it's impossible to do that. 

A few tears rolled down my cheeks messing up my makeup furiously I wiped them away before I got up from the couch and walked into the bedroom. I took off the dress and put on my comfortable clothes I actually left the dress scrunched up on the floor, I didn't even want to look at it. I grabbed my blanket off the bed and walked back downstairs to lay down on the sofa, since I had no plans movie night was back on the cards. Isn't it funny how movies could make you better even if they do make you cry but they did give me some advice. If a guy cancels on you then it means that he isn't interested, you should move on and find somebody who would always be there for you. 

I was watching the third movie of the night when I heard a knock on the door, I threw the blanket off me, got up from the couch and walked up to the door. Without looking through the peep hole I opened it to reveal Roman with a small smile on his face. I wanted to shut the door in his face but could I really be mad at him for something so little? I needed to give him the chance to explain. I left the door open and walked back over to the couch without saying a word to him, Roman closed the door behind him, followed me into the living room and sat down next to me he was the first one to speak up.

''I know that you are angry at me for cancelling tonight and you have every right to be mad I'm really sorry, Lucy. So I'm going to make it up to you, actually I have a little surprise for you I need you to come with me.'' He spoke with his eyes staring at me as I kept my eyes on the television until he mentioned that he had a surprise.

''Roman, if you don't want to give this relationship another try then I need to know I don't want to force you into anything and I don't want to be a burden to you.'' I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. 

''What?!? You think that I am having second thoughts? No, of course I am not I'm in love with you and I want to give this a second try just as much as you do. I just want to show you something way more amazing than taking you on a date, I promise you will love it.'' He smiled softly at me, right now I felt like a idiot.

''That's all I needed to know, I'm in love with you too.. I guess I will come with you just let me get changed.'' I placed a soft kiss on his cheek and then got up I was about to walk away but he grabbed hold of my wrist.

''You don't have to get changed, we won't be out for long I promise.'' He placed his hand inside of my hand and led the way although I really did wish he would tell me where we are going.

The car ride was short but somehow it also felt long if that even made sense? Roman had a huge grin on his face during the whole drive. I kept my eyes on the window watching the scenery go past us like a blurred television, I did glance at Roman a few times. Soon enough we were driving through a neighbourhood that seemed pretty nice, I started to wonder why we were here? Did Roman live here and he wanted to show me his house? I didn't know but I was about to find out. I got out of the car my eyes instantly looking at the few planks of wood standing up in a shape of a huge house on the grass.