Ten Words to Hurt a Soul - Calo

"If you want me to leave, then I fucking will!"

That was the first time Xylo heard Cal swear.

What had he done wrong for things to turn out like this?

What had he done to make Cal want to run? To make him leave? He swore to himself he wouldn't tear things apart this time. Is that why it shattered instead?

He thought he had broken his curse with Cal. The curse that ended so many of his relationships in power or pain. In distress and disdain, colored with bloodshed that he always forgot to clean up to start new.

All his other lovers have tried to kill him or hurt him. Cal had never done that. He had never fallen under the effect of that curse. He thought Cal could be different. That it might be the one to really work.

Maybe Cal was different.

While all the others hurt him physically, attacking him and trying to kill him...

What made Cal different?

Cal never did anything like that. Cal was pure. He would never hurt someone like that. Because he wasn't made to.

And as Cal slammed that door shut...

Xylo realized what made Cal different.

Cal would never hurt anyone the way other lover's have. Because he was too gentle and kind.

Cal wasn't made to hurt a body.

He could still hear those ten bitter words.

Cal was made to hurt a soul.

He could still hear the painful sound of the door slamming shut.

And Xylo's heart ached.

—————————————————

What better time to write angst you never planned for than 5am? It's a great time, perfect for angst. Where it's still dark out, but just bright enough to see. Because then you can see you're insane for writing it so much and making everyone sad-

Words: 283