The Scar That Kills Him - Cal (Angst)

It hurt. He was mentally and physically scarred. It was his fault. He couldn't stop it. If he had told more people, maybe it wouldn't have happened. Maybe if he had told him, it wouldn't have happened. He was a failure. He failed. He failed to prevent the one thing that he needed to stop. It was all him.

The boy softly laughed at himself, before breaking down. He cried at his desk. The reincarnation of a God. The child of time. And he failed to change it.

Cal.

Ridiculous. He was ridiculous. His existence is probably ridicule to Khonsu. It was such a simple task. Don't let Ricarro get upset or angry. It should've been easy. He could've done something. But he was too weak. He still is. It hurts. It hurts so much. The scar. The single scar left on his cheek. It burned. It burned and reeked of dread and calamity. A pain that little to no one should ever have felt. But here Cal was. Feeling it right now. Burning his cheek until he could no longer feel it.

The tears kept falling. They kept falling and no one heard.

Drip drop. Drip drop. Drip-

It didn't matter that Ricarro was back now. It was still all his fault. It wouldn't have ever even happened if he had told more people. If he had tried harder to prevent it. People had tried to comfort him. But the faces blurred together. The voices unrecognizable to Cal. He pushed them away. They probably hate him now. But the worst part of it...

Is that Cal hates himself too.

Note: I wrote this because I was thinking of all the trauma and guilt Cal must have about the incident with Set taking over Ricarro, and all the things Set made him do. Such as killing Inmo. Honestly thinking about it this much is sad-

Words: 309