In Our Memory... (Shino)

I just want you all to know, I cried writing this. And I regret writing it because of how sad it is.

————————————

Monday, March 2nd

"What do you think of it? I made some more tweaks to it."

"I like it! You should open your own boutique or something Artemis!"

Rikku and Artemis were chatting as they walked through the halls of Monarch Academy, heading for their class. Shino was with them, of course. The three were roommates. They did practically everything together.

Together...

Class went by fast. Avian rambling on about hero work and some other random stuff a few students brought up. Shino wasn't really paying attention to most of it. But he never really does. He mostly talks to Kol or stares out a window until Avian breaks it.

————————————

Shino Basca is kind.

————————————

Shino was in his room now. He had locked the door like he always does. He sat on his bed, and opened the drawer in his nightstand. He lifted a small bottle from it, and slipped its contents into his mouth. Downing a bottle of water afterwards.

He rolled up the sleeve of his jacket. The yellow glow in his veins were retreating back to his palm. Shino sighed. He was glad it was slowed, but he knew it wouldn't last forever. It'd be back tomorrow. Probably worse than today.

————————————

He is the last Basca still alive.

————————————

Thursday, March 15th

Shino came to class today. But he was half asleep.

He went back to his dorm and watched a movie with Artemis and Rikku.

Then he went into his room and took the contents from the bottle again.

Saturday, April 9th

Shino laid in his bed practically all day, watching movies on his laptop. With the only light on being the one farthest away from him, and the yellow glow seeping through his veins again. It hurt. Enough for him to shed a tear, and take the contents from the bottle again.

Despite how much time he spends sleeping, he is never fully awake anymore. He never gets any energy from sleep anymore. Either that or any energy he gets is drained too quickly for him to notice he had any in the first place.

Artemis would be worried that Shino barely left his room on weekends. But Shino was a good liar. He excused it with extra work he took up in his free time. Somehow, Artemis believed it. So did Rikku. Shino felt bad lying to them. Lying to everybody. But he had no choice in the matter.

Wednesday, April 20th

Shino came to training today. He was up against Kiyo. But Kiyo won. He knocked Shino to the ground in 5 minutes.

That was kind of weird. Shino never loses within 5 minutes. It'd take 30 at most if you were able to sneak up on him.

He looks a little strange though...he looks tired.

————————————

He fights for what he loves.

————————————