Drink To Forget...? - Cal (Angst)

It was the evening. And inside the Egyptian pyramid, sat a mint haired boy at a bar. Normally, this guy would be working the bar. But there was no event going on. Therefore, there was no reason for him to work the bar. What he was doing though, was downing alcohol. Bottle after bottle.

Who would've thought that a bartender would be getting drunk off the supply of drinks. Not to mention he was 18. He had gone through at least 5 bottles so far. Now onto his 6th. Khonsu was getting fed up of removing alcohol from his system, and wasn't bothering to prevent Cal from getting drunk anymore. Cal was happy about this.

It meant he could truly forget. The more he drank, the better chance he'll forget what happened at Cleopatra's ball. The incident with Set taking over Ricarro. They still haven't gotten him back. Cal had finished his 6th bottle, and was on to his 7th. He had lost all feeling in his body. He just felt numb. Lost. Maybe a bit cold.

Cal looked at the empty bottles on the bar table. He felt a bit upset with himself. But he was so lost in empty thought he couldn't dwell on it any longer than 4 seconds. Pathetic. He needed to forget entirely. Forget the guilt. Forget Set. Forget Cleopatra's ball. Forget the scar. Just...

Forget.

ForgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetForgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetForgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetForgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforget-

Stop. Stop it. Cal didn't want to stop. But he didn't want to continue drinking. His body still ached from when he was crushed by the rocks. But maybe half the pain is from all the alcohol. He couldn't tell anymore. Lines were blurring together, thoughts blurring together, his head was empty. He felt as though he was stuck in midair.

But at the same time, being pulled down into oblivion. Was this really what he wanted? Sure, maybe it's what he wanted before, but now that he had done it... was he sure it was worth it...? Cal broke down into tears. He felt terrible. It wasn't fair.

It wasn't fair that he could drink all day to forget, and his friends had to live with what happened. But the more Cal thought about it... maybe he wasn't drinking to forget. That wouldn't hurt as much as this did. Perhaps... what hurts more... is drinking to remember.

Note: Just some Cal angst. I feel so bad for Cal. He's been through so much.

Words: 400