Sensory Overload - Shino (Idk what to call this)

Databases's POV

—————————

The class was training in the forms of duels in a controlled environment. I kept watch to make sure nothing went sideways. I suppose I'm still a bit paranoid about what Kol did during training that one time. Nobody was in their hero outfits.

I wanted the class to fight each other in duels like they would in a scenario where they aren't working the streets or something. An hour of training later, one of the fights got loud. There were lots of bright lights and yelling. I told the students not to treat this like an actual fight with a villain or something, and so far everyone had listened to that command.

But the two fighting now obviously didn't listen. The yelling got louder, and the other students were yelling for the two to stop. All but one. I knew exactly who it was. Bright orange hair, yellow streak and the signature jacket. I recognized the student immediately as Shino.

I knew Shino had heightened senses. I knew how easily extremely loud noises and bright lights sent him into a panicked state. Shino had his hands covering his ears, and his eyes were squeezed shut. Nobody had noticed yet. I still had time to pull Shino away before the overload got worse and people start to notice.

I quickly rush over to Shino. He doesn't even notice I'm there before I grab his wrist and quickly lead him away from the area. Shino could barely keep up and was practically being dragged. He was stumbling over his own feet and kept trying to pry himself free of my grasp, not realizing I'm trying my best to help.

Once the two of us were in a secluded area far away from the ruckus, I called Avian to take care of the fight going out of control. Shino was shaking beside me. I let go of his wrist and put my hand on his shoulder. I lift my visor off my face, and look Shino in the eyes. Shino is used to seeing me without my visor, as whenever we are alone, I have it off most of the time.

Out of all the times Shino has had sensory overloads, being able to see my face is some form of comfort to him. Shino has always seen me as a parental figure. I remember once he had called me dad without realizing. He hasn't called me that since, but it was still something to remember.

"Are you alright now?" I asked.

Shino slowly nodded. Then looked at the ground.

"If you feel like you need more time alone, you can head back to your dorm." I said.

"Do you wanna do that?"

Shino nodded again. Then walked away in the direction of the dorms. I watched as he left. Having heightened senses was both a blessing and a curse.

Words: 476