Can't stand to see you hurt. - Cal x Xylo (Angst?)

Cal laid there. Still. The only sound he could hear was the ringing in his ears. His eyes were barely open. Fighting to stay awake. He could barely breathe. Cal wanted to cry. He was all alone, in a thunderstorm. It was pouring rain. Lightning striking every 10 seconds.

The rain making contact with Cal's wounds made them sting. He couldn't even move. Hypothermia was bound to set in soon. Either way, Cal would most certainly die. This was it. Cal would die in the middle of a storm, alone. At least, he thought he was.

Just as his eyes began to close, he felt himself get turned onto his back. There was somebody next to Cal. They were saying something, but the voice was drowned out. He felt something against his forehead, and something warm encompassed him. Cal had no idea what it was, but it was soft.

———————

Xylo had finally found Cal. Amidst the terrible weather. In a panic, Xylo turned Cal onto his back, and he put a hand on Cal's forehead. He was practically freezing to death. How long had he been lying here? It was a miracle he was still alive.

The wounds he had looked really bad, and he was so pale you could mistake him for somebody else entirely. The corners of his lips were a light blue, turning gray. Xylo had no time to waste. He was thankful he brought a blanket. When he left he saw the weather, so he put a blanket into a small bag he took with him. It didn't hold much.

Just the blanket and a first aid kit. In case Cal's injuries couldn't wait to be somewhat treated. Xylo slid the blanket under Cal and around his shoulders. It was good enough. At least it would provide some warmth.

Gingerly, Xylo picked Cal up. His eyes were barely open. He was limp too. Like a small kitten when picked up by the scruff of their neck. Even though Cal was somewhat awake, he wasn't responsive.

"Alright... let's get you back to camp..." Xylo murmured. Cal was almost dead weight. As Xylo walked, Cal's eyes fluttered closed. Xylo looked down at the boy in his arms. Frail and weak. Shaking from the cold and rain. For now, the shaking was a good sign. Just in case Cal had hypothermia, Xylo would be able to tell if Cal still had time.

(Time skip.)

Xylo didn't want anything else to happen to Cal. He had been through enough. He almost died. Hell, he could've been dying right now. What if this isn't enough? What if Cal died because Xylo couldn't do enough to help him?

He had disinfected the wounds, and covered them with Bandages. But what if it wasn't enough? Xylo wouldn't let Cal die. Cal was resting in his arms in front of a fireplace. Xylo had tried everything he could at the time to raise Cal's temperature back to normal levels. He just wanted Cal to be alright. He couldn't stand to see him hurt like this.

After 3 hours of sitting in front of the fireplace, encompassed with blankets, Cal's temperature had gone back to normal. He would be alright. The main danger had passed. Xylo reassured himself Cal would be ok now. He just had to recover. Xylo had time. He would wait by Cal's side forever if he had to. He couldn't stand to see Cal hurt.