One minute I'm changing after a shower, Irene walking past me completely ignoring me and then she suddenly stops in her tracks, her friends waiting on her.

I never one glanced at her because I knew better, but I could see from my peripheral vision that she was staring at me.

"Seems like you're working out, little Rose." She smirks as she eyes me up and down. I finish buttoning my blazer, smoothing out any wrinkles in the process before finally turning to face her.

She's still in her gym outfit, short spandex and a tank top finished with our school's jacked engraved with our insignia. She looked pretty even after a game of volleyball, and I suddenly felt conscious of myself.

"Hi, Irene." Is all I say, afraid to say something that will tick her off.

Her pink lips lift upwards into a smile, and she takes a few steps towards me, not stopping until she's right in front of me.

"You should really tone done on the exercise." She looks me up and down before making a grimace. "Or perhaps you should stop by the cafeteria one day. At this rate your clothes might get too big. Perfection is hard, isn't it?" Hearing her words, I freeze.

I look at her in shock.

Did she also know?

First Scott and now her.

But I felt confused, a month ago she was telling me to lose weight and now she was telling me to eat. Did that mean that I was no longer fat in her eyes?

Motioning to her friends, they walk towards us and wait for her to say something.

"Girls, what do you think?" Irene says and glances at the two girls behind her. "How does Roseanne look?"

Unsure of what she's doing I try to say something, but the words never seemed to come out.

"She looks a little sick." I look at the first girl who spoke, she seemed to be busy running her over my body and I cowardly take a step back under scrutinizing gaze. The girl seemed familiar, and I couldn't pinpoint if she was in one of my classes or if she's been with the other kids that make fun of me.

"I honestly don't understand why Scott is defending her, she looks like a kid." The second girl finally says, and I return my gaze to Irene who seemed to be thinking about something. "Compared to you, she's a waste of air, Irene."

"Yeah," She exhales in defeat. "He's still upset with me after the last time I bothered her."

Hearing her words, I try to mask my confusion.

Why would he be upset with her over bothering me?

"It's okay though. I can just continue to make her life a living hell, and he doesn't have to know. Especially what he won't see. Right, Rose?" She waits for me to respond and I try to answer but no words come out.

Chuckling, she rolls her eyes. "I didn't know you were mute now." Irene pushes a strand of hair behind her ear and leans forward.

"Be careful Rose. You have no idea how much I hate you right now. So, watch your back because I can end you in a heartbeat and he won't be there to save you."

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I look away from her and she laughs sweetly. Turning around, she begins walking away, only taking a few steps before stopping.

Looking back at me she smiles. "Oh, and don't tell anything to your savior if you know what's best for you."

With that, she continues heading to the showers and I'm left alone.