Chapter Fifty Nine

"So we're going to Earth?" Lance asked with Mela playing with his hand and Cole taking a nap against him, Keith was sitting nearby and everyone else was discussing everything on their next course of action. "Yes. Now that we know hoe long it's really been, the Galra could try and take over Earth and as you've said about Voltron" Lance frowned, 3 years of no Voltron everyone was beginning to lose hope in ending the war but that's not what made him frown, it was Earth that made him frown. He's never had the best childhood when he was on Earth and it's not really his home planet. Would he be able to see if Rachel is alive still? Would she even be alright? Veronica was having thoughts about going home and she didn't know what to think about it. Lance had never found where he belonged on Earth and she hasn't seen Earth since she died and Lance brought her back using his Altean magic. 

However she was worried for the others who got caught up in either ego's or just something bad in general. She needed to find out what happened since she's been gone. 

Everyone aside from the kids knew that Lance didn't have the best experience on Earth growing up but Lance knew very well that his friends and family had family on Earth, they're home. "Alright. We'll take off now and figure out things from there" they nodded and Lance picked up the kids and carried them to Red, while Lance had the kids everyone else had at least one or two passengers in their cockpit. 

Taking off the paladins traveled together with one location in mind.

Through the quiet of space Voltron traveled together and Lance let Red pilot herself and he took off his helmet to play with the kids, Mela giggled clapping her hands as Cole did gestures with his hands, Lance smiled as he walked over and sat with them. "You trying to teach her sign language?" he nodded, Mela had no idea what he was doing but found the gestures funny. "Okay, so remember how I taught you?" Cole tilted his head shaking his head and Lance sighed with a smile "Alright watch closely," Lance began to teach sign language and Cole copied Mela however due to still being so young decided to play with Lance's hand and completely forget the entire reason for learning sign language so Lance and Cole decided to just talk in sign language to help Cole learn better and try and get him to speak more but he showed to have difficulty in doing so. Lance really hoped nothing was wrong with his vocal cords.

"Watch your sister for a second" he handed Mela to Cole while he went to find something for the kids to eat while listening to the others through the comms he turned on in Red since he didn't have his armor this was the best way to hear and talk to everyone. While searching around the cargo hold Red suddenly jerked abruptly and yells of the others and cries of the kids made his blood go cold, "Mela, Cole!" Lance raced out of the cargo hold into the cockpit as Mela cried and Cole had a fearful expression on his face, he looked at the window and nearly gasped but the kids were his priority at the moment, his babies were in danger! Lunging at the kids he scooped them into his arms and they closed their eyes in fear with they're grips to his shirt tight and when they did that, everything in Red froze and she went offline on back-up power.

Keith groaned and lifted his head, what the hell was that? Then he remembered, Lance and the kids. His eyes widen.

"Lance! Lance answer me!" there was no response "Guys? Guys respond!" he heard a couple groans from the others but nothing from Lance, "Uh, guys, Veronica's not moving" Pidge said looking at Veronica who just looked frozen in her position, her arms were held against the wall in an attempt to stay upright and her expression unreadable. Keith looked around his cockpit and saw Shiro and his mom in the same state "Shiro?" no response "Romelle is the same state" "Coran is to. What about Lance?" The non frozen paladins exited the lions to see them drifting with no power but Keith needed to check on his mate and kids, he used his jetpack to get to Red and entered through her mouth with the others following, getting to the cockpit they saw Lance curled protectively around Mela and Cole floating with no helmet on and his face furrowed in worry with his eyes shut. "He's in the same state as the others" Allura touched his face, what was that storm they were hit with and why was everyone else but them unaffected? "I think our suits protected us from whatever that was, we're the only ones unaffected and the lions are drifting away from each other" Hunk said as Pidge nodded "Get the zipline from your lions, let's try and round them together to stay near each other so we don't lose anyone" Keith ordered and they left Red back out the way they came in. 

They did try to round up the lions with zipline but the storm hit again, they lost the lions and drifted alone in open space. 

"No! Not again!" Keith yelled when he couldn't find Red or any of the lions, he can't lose Lance again he just can't! 

----------

8/8/23