Chapter Twenty Three

Lance's ear was pressed against Keith's chest listening to his heartbeat. It's been three days since Keith and him lost their little one and he's still blaming himself, he felt if he was stronger and more brave he would have been able to save their child, but he wasn't... He was always going to be the terrified boy who can't even defend himself from his own monster of a father.

Keith's chest was rising and falling with each breath he took and exhaled, his heartbeat was slow and steady with each pump and it was serenity to Lance, it helped him think and calm his nerves. Lance's eyes shifted to look at Keith's sleeping face, he looked at peace sleeping soundly which was the first time he's really seen Keith asleep since he was always awake when Lance was asleep.

He wondered if he could train. He knows that he's still hurting from the loss but he wants to get stronger, to be braver and more confident. He wants to be there for everyone else to protect them. With a mental nod he slowly unwrapped himself from Keith's warm arms and let his feet touch the cold floor below, he shivered with the coldness that began to warm up and got dressed with Keith's jacket still on him. It was comfortable and it fit and had Keith's scent which also helped his nerves and anxiety. Tiptoeing to the doors he glanced back to the bed to see Keithy still asleep and snuck out of the room to the training room.

Making sure no one was in there he went inside and looked at the weapons on the wall, he frowned. None of them would be able to make punches and he wanted to land blows on his opponent so he decided that he'll give a sword a try before trying with his gun then his fists.

He looked at the available swords and found a red one he grabbed it and began to get a good grip on it, "this actually doesn't feel to bad" He smiled something he hasn't done in the last few days.

He walked to the center of the room "Start training level 1" He called as a bot fell from the ceiling of the room, weapons clanged and clanged with blocks and hits. Lance grunted as he swung the sword blocking each hit he could from the sentry, the sentry swung it's staff in a quick motion and Lance was now unarmed "Crap!" He panicked and looked up with wide eyes as the sentry raised it's staff to hit hard on Lance but Lance blocked his face with his arms and closed eyes before the next thing he heard is clattering and slowly opened his eyes to see. The sentry wasn't Infront of him anymore "Huh? Where'd it go......." He caught sight of a metal foot on the floor and lowered his arms and blinked.

The sentry was on the ground not moving.

He blinked again before he grabbed his discarded sword and slowly walked towards the bot, gulping he walked closer to the bot but became confused. There were no weapons stuck in the bot so what caused it to be destroyed? Taking a closer inspection he realized there was a hole in the middle of the bot's head, his ear twitched with a curious look in his eyes. Blue filtered in the hole of the bots head before gradually disappearing.

"Hm" he pierced his lips, he decided to move the bot away so that he could start lvl 2, he grunted with the weight but soon moved the bot off to the side and went back to the center of the room. "Start training level 2" Two bots fell from the ceiling and he readied his position, he managed to take one bot down before he yelped when the bot kicked his back and he slid across the floor, he gripped his sword to block the one a little too close to his face and kicked back.

With a light growl he raced forward and slashed his sword at the bot severing it's left arm and went for the the right arm but he was kicked away again and lost his sword that slid across the ground once more. The bot lunged at Lance but Lance's hand raised before blue lightning struck the center of the bot leaving the bot to twitch and collapse to the ground. Lance was panting with wide eyes and hand still extended forward, his mouth was gaping open and closed. Did he just-- he quickly ran out of the room holding his side, the bot kicked him hard and it hurt but he wasn't worried on that only that he thinks he's hallucinating when he thought he saw blue lightning burst from his hand.

"Keith! Keith!" Lance ran into the room as Keith bolted up from the bed without his shirt on "What? What happened, are we under attack?" Keith ripped off the covers once he seen Lance holding his side "No we're not under attack it's just something really weird happened" Keith moved his hand so he could see the damage "How'd you get this if we're not under attack?" He asked examining the forming bruise "I, um, was in the training room?" Lance said sheepishly that came out in a question then answer "You were where? You should be resting, I didn't even feel you leave the bed" Keith frowned "Sorry, you looked so peaceful" Lance apologized but then his focus went back onto why he ran back in here "I think I'm hallucinating" He said "Why?" Keith asked "I think it's better to show and explain because I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or not" he grabbed Keith's hand and dragged him to the training room.

Keith looked at the bots on the ground and looked at them and the discarded sword on the floor off the right "so what exactly happened?" He looked to Lance "Well, I decided to train by myself while you were asleep and I started from level one and the one off the far corner over there was the first bot" Keith looked in that direction and walked over to inspect the bot finding a hole in it's head "Why is there a hole in it's head?" Lance didn't look sure "well, it went to hit me with it's staff but I blocked my face with my arms and the next thing I knew is that the bot had a hole in it's head on the ground" He explained, Keith pierced his lips thinking.

Lance was indeed special in more ways than one.

So his question was, did Lance have something else running through his veins? He didn't have an answer at the moment but for now it's best to not worry on it until later.

"Okay, that's weird. Listen, I'm not leaving you unattended alone anywhere, doesn't matter if it's outside or inside this castle. Your safety is my priority so, I'm going to stay in here while you train and if you want I'll even train with you. Alright?" Lance brightened up, "okay!" A smile worked it's way on Keith's lips, he loved this boy dearly.

___________
2/27/23