Chapter Fifty Seven

Lance snuck off away from the others with a bowl of food but while sneaking off into the woods, Keith happened to spot him. "Allura could you watch them for me until I get back?" he looked to his friend who nodded and the kids went over to her until Keith got back and went back to playing together. Keith followed after Lance into the woods, he listened to the sounds and tried to figure out where he was and caught of a small sound about 30 or so feet to his right and went that direction, he heard... Laughing? Weird. He followed after the sounds and it began to get a bit louder the closer he got and hid behind a tree when he reached his destination "I brought you food so calm down!" he peeked from the side of the bark into the clearing, "Here, I brought some meat too!" It was Lance and a wolf? He set down a bowl on the ground and took a seat next to it as the wolf ate the food, did Lance just make friends with a Wolf? Not even coyotes act like this and what kind of Wolf was this? 

Lance pet the wolf's fur as he ate his food "I don't want to leave you here alone buddy if no one is going to be on this planet" Lance said to the wolf as it looked at him whining a bit, "I know. Being on your own with nobody can make you lonely" Keith recognized that look in Lance's eyes, he remembered it when they first learned about his past. He had the distant look of understanding the situation and decided to meet him out in the clearing, the pair's ears twitched and they looked behind them. The wolf bristled and Lance had a shocked look on his face "Oh uh, Hi Keith" Keith's eyes pointed to the wolf, Lance pouted and hugged the wolf "I don't wanna leave him here alone" he whined and the wolf didn't move away from Lance only starring daggers at Keith since it didn't know him "You befriended a wolf? You realize how hard that can be right?" He asked "Yes and I kinda grabbed his tail by accident when I first found him" the wolf huffed a deadpan at him and Lance's pout deepened "Don't give me that look I said I'm sorry" Keith chuckled at him, still adorable as always. 

"Come with me please, please" he begged at the wolf who was still looking wary of Keith "He's friendly I promise and he's my mate" the wolf perked up at that looking between them as he gestured his head at Keith as if to say "really?" Lance nodded and that released some of the tension of its shoulders, Keith made his way over to them and the wolf continued to watch him and his movements "So you wandered off here with a bowl of food for your new friend?" he asked taking a seat behind him and pulling him into his lap with his arms wrapped around his waist "You saw me?!" he nodded "Your lucky I have prochiral vision that I caught you just slightly leaving into the woods" he explained as Lance sighed then remembered the kids "Where are the kids?" he was a bit frantic since Cole's curiosity of touching fire was already a bad habit and he hoped Mela wouldn't start getting interested in that habit "They're with Allura and the others, their fine" Lance sighed in relief his babies were okay. "Let's just hope Cole's curiosity doesn't let him touch the fire" Keith sweatdropped, little guy sure was curious on fire that was for sure. 

He then looked at the wolf that was just watching them, should they really bring it with them? He didn't know if it was dangerous or not and he was worried about the kids. 

Lance reached for the wolf who was hesitant to approach because of Keith but eventually sauntered over and Lance pet his fur "He's nice, I promise" Keith did have an urge to pet the wolf but decided that may or may not be the best idea. As if sensing the hesitancy the wolf looked to Keith before moving its snout to his hand and poked it with its nose making Keith blink and Lance to giggle at the sight "He want's you to pet him" Keith lifted his hand and slowly pet the wolf on the head between the ears and the wolf relaxed fully, Lance smiled "You made a new friend Keef" Keith hugged Lance with one arm and continued to pet the wolf. 

This sure was an interesting night. 

---------

7/31/23