6 • He's Your Soulmate ????

Belly and I drove to the pool in our moms car. On the way she kept bugging me about Jeremiah. Asking all sorts of questions that I didn't know the answer to. "Belly, I'm serious. I don't know what we are. We haven't really talked about it since the kiss." I kept my eyes on the road. "Wait... kiss? What kiss?!" I realized what I admitted in that moment.

"Me and him had a moment is all..." I shyly admitted. "For real?!" she was shocked. She had no clue that I was into Jeremiah. "Belly, look out your window." I said trying to ignore her and distract her from talking about Jeremiah.

The drive to the pool from there on was silent. As we pulled in, I spotted Jeremiah in the distance. He saw me and waved happily. Belly and I got out of the car, grabbed our towels, and made our way to the pool.

"Hey, Jere!" Belly waved enthusiastically. "Hey Bells, Hey Ellie." he smiled. Jeremiah has always had the most warm smile. Every time he smiled around me, I would feel better. If I was sad, his smile made me happy.

"You never told me you worked here." I put my hands on my hips and smirked at him. "I know, it didn't cross my mind. I'm sorry." he said, playing with the whistle on the string around his neck. I stared at him with a big smile on my face not wanting to look away.

"ELLIE! COME ON!" Belly yelled at me from across the pool. "I found us a seat!" I slightly laughed at how dumb she looked yelling at me. "You should go. I think she found you a seat." Jeremiah said sarcastically. I giggled and walked over to Belly.

🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼

We swam at the pool for about an hour before we decided to go back to the house. On the way back, Belly would not shut up about me and Jeremiah. "Belly, seriously, stop." I said kind of annoyed with her. "Okay. Fine. But you need to tell me everything when you two get serious." She practically jumped in her seat. "If. If we get serious." I rephrased.

"What about you and Conrad?" I changed the conversation. "Conrad?" she blushed. "Yeah, I see the way you guys look at each other." I said, clearly embarrassing her. "Conrad doesn't like me like that. He has a girlfriend." Belly's smiled faded. "You still have a chance, Bell's." I smiled sadly. "He's your soulmate, Belly." I said to her. "Really?" She asked surprised. "Yes." I giggled as she blushed.

"What about Jeremiah? Is he your soulmate?" Belly asked. "I don't know. I hope so." I smiled to myself. "I hope so too." Belly punched my arm lightly.

Me and Belly were starting to get really close again. Hopefully that'll last...