21 • Adam Fisher 💔❤️‍🩹

I was so grateful. This was a huge first step in getting the house back. A huge step.

"We still have to get your dad to agree in buying the house." My mom said. "I know. But this is huge." Conrad said with a huge smile. I've never seen Conrad this happy before.

"We can convince him. I know we can." Belly said. "Let us try first." My mom said. "Please, let us try." My mom begged. "Okay." Conrad agreed.

My mom walked off and called Adam.

"I can't believe it." Jeremiah picked me up and spun me around kissing my cheek non-stop. "I know! This is amazing!" I giggled as he set me down.

"God, I love you!" He kissed me hard. I laughed.

🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼

Adam showed up about an hour later. My mom told us to hide in the other room and let them deal with it. So we did.

"What's this? You don't cook." They're dad said surprised at the meal ready for him. "Figured you'd be hungry after your ride so I made you breakfast... for lunch. Eat. I made the bacon just how you like it. Incinerated." My mom joked.

"Where are the kids?" He asked. "I think they're giving us space so you and I can have an adult conversation about the house." My mom said.

"Okay. Yeah. Thanks for coming all this way to back me up. They haven't been making it easy on me." He said. "Oh, I'm not here to back you up. Im here to back the boys up." She said.

"You can't let them loose this house, Adam." She begged. "Well, it's done." He shrugged. "Julia sold it."

"Actually, I changed my mind." Julia said. He laughed, "Okay, well, let's get something straight here. I'm not letting them lose anything. This has been out of my hands since the start." He tried to explain himself while munching on some bacon.

"So don't go making me the bad guy here." He said. "Im not making you anything." My mom reassured him. "I'm trying to help you. Let someone else try to solve a problem for once." She put a hand on his shoulder.

"So, what? You're just gonna dissolve the trust and gift the boys the beach house?" He asked Julia. "No, she can't do that. She has a child of her own to consider." My mom butt in.

"Yeah, well, I'm not gonna squander their trust to buy this house, and frankly, I'm surprised that you would support that." He said. "When did I ever say that?" My mom was getting frustrated.

"I just want you to move some money around to buy it for them." She said. "What?" He was shocked that she said that. "Fair market value, terms negotiable, of course." She said.

"I think, um, I'm gonna go now, because that's... That's not happening, end of story."

My mom was fed up. "Uh, you know what? I have a question for you. Why is it that those boys have been trying harder for the last three days to save this house than you have in the last several weeks?"

"No, shut up, Laurel. Listen to me. You don't have a vote, okay? I know Suze made you feel like this house is part yours, but it's not." He said to her.

"Where do you get off saying shit like that?" Conrad walked in very upset. "Con... It's for the best." His dad said to him. "Did you really think railroading me would change my mind?"

"Excuse me, but fսck you!" My mom yelled at him. "Okay, all right, all right, let's... Suze wouldn't want us fighting like this." He tried to calm everyone down.

"You have no idea what she would want! You lost her a long time ago. Can't you get past your own grief and see what it means to the boys?" My mom yelled at him.

"Look, I thought it would be better this way. Easier for everyone if we let this place go." Tears formed in his eyes.

"Easier for you." Conrad said disgusted in his father. "Yeah. Being here is hard. It's hard. Uh... She's everywhere here." He fought back tears.

"She loved you. I tried to talk some sense into her. It's no secret I've never been your biggest fan. But she wouldn't listen, because when Beck set her mind on something, that's it. She set her mind on you, Adam. And on making this house a special place for our kids. Do this one last thing for her." My mom grabbed his shoulder.

"Laurel..." he said quietly. "Dad..." Jeremiah gave him a look. A look only his dad and I knew. "Please." Jeremiah begged.

"Look, I'm not gonna let them use their trusts. But if I sell the Boston house, that could give us enough. You'd both be at school mostly anyway, but we can't afford both houses. Is this really what you want?" He asked.

"Yeah." Jeremiah said, tears in his eyes. "Yes." Conrad said. "Okay then." He nodded. "Its settled then."