25 • College Graduate 🎓

Today was the day! I graduate from Finch today with Jeremiah.

Jeremiah and I have been together for 3 years straight now. We've been stronger than ever. I've never felt so close to someone before in my whole life.

"I wish my mom was here..." Jeremiah looked down at his feet as the crowds filled the huge gym. "I know. I wish she was here too..." I rubbed his back. He grabbed my hand softly, looking up at me and smiling.

"At least Laurel's here..." Jeremiah smiled sadly. "Yeah, but I wish your mom was here too." I replied. "Yeah..." he sighed.

"Y/n Conklin." My name was said through the speakers. "That's me." I sighed nervously before getting out of my seat. "Go babe!" Jeremiah stood up and yelled as I grabbed my diploma. I blushed in slight embarrassment.

My mom clapped and shouted so loud when me and Jeremiah both went up. It was like she was clapping for both her and Susannah.

"I'm so proud of you, baby." My mom hugged me. "Thanks, mama." I hugged her back. "And you, Jere! I'm super proud of you. You know she'd be so proud." My mom kissed his forehead. "Thank you, Laurel..." he smiled sadly. "Of course."

🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷🌹🌷

We all headed out for dinner at this very nice restaurant. "So Connie, how's the job?" Jeremiah asked Conrad. Conrad had just got an internship at a hospital in California. He was in med school to become a doctor.

"It's great. I love it." He smiled. Him and Belly moved out to California a year after Belly graduated from High School. Belly worked at a diner near the hospital and they lived in a small apartment with their dog named Susie. She was a golden retriever.

"I love helping people. It gives me some type of comfort." Conrad clearly loved his job. When Susannah died, Conrad realized that he wanted to help people. He felt helpless when Susannah was sick, he didn't want to feel helpless anymore. I didn't blame him.

"How about you, Jere?" Conrad asked. "Well, I'm thinking about moving back into the summer house with Ellie." That was true. It was a topic we've been discussing a lot. "That's a great idea." Conrad smiled. Conrad smiling was a sight for sore eyes. I haven't seen him smile since we were at the board walk about 3 years ago.

"What about job wise? What are you guys going to do?" Belly asked. "I'm thinking of working at the golf club. Maybe run a debutante ball. They offered me a job last year." I ate some of my salad. "That's great." Belly smiled. "What about you Jere?" She asked.

"I'm going to be managing the kitchen at the grill and bar downtown." Jeremiah smiled. Jeremiah had a passion for cooking. I didn't understand it, but it made him happy. Therefore it made me happy. Plus, less cooking for me!

"You like cooking then?" Steven asked. "Yes dumbass. I like cooking." Jeremiah smirked. "Well, I think that's a wonderful plan." My mom said.

"I'm uhh... I'm also thinking about writing a book." I added. "Really?" My mom was a bit surprised. "Yeah. I've had a lot on my mind. Figured writing would be a good way to express my feelings, you know?" My mom smiled at me, "More than you realize."

I was happy everyone was here. It was way overdue. I felt... really happy.