24 • The End Of Another Summer 🌊

Song for this chapter: Deja Vu - Olivia Rodrigo 💋

🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸

This summer was coming to an end. I couldn't believe how fast this summer went by.

Jeremiah and I have been staying at the beach house all summer. Everyone else decided to go home less than a week after we saved the house.

As Jeremiah and I walked along the beach in silence. I decided to break it, "What happens when we go back?" I asked him. "What do you mean?" He asked stroking my thumb as I held his hand.

"I'm going to Finch in a few months." I said. "Really?" He turned to me excited. "Yeah." I nodded. "That's amazing! So am I!" He yelled in excitement. "That offer still stands you know." Jere kissed my hand.

I tilted my head. "Living together?" He reminded me. "Oh ya! For sure." I smiled. "We're gonna be roomies!" He yelled picking me up and putting me on his back. I laughed as he ran down the beach.

"Promise me you'll never leave me." I whispered in his ear. "I promise." He whispered back. I smiled, "Good."

"Time to get in the water!" He started running towards the water. "No! I just put these clothes on!" I yelled and tried to wiggle off his back, failing.

He dropped me in the water and I gasped. "It's freezing!" I shivered. "Help me up." I reached for his hand. He grabbed my hand and I yanked him in the water.

"Christ! It's fucking cold!" He shivered as well. "I told you." I hit him in the shoulder playfully.

Bad choice. He splashed me with water. I gasped and before I knew it we were having a splash battle.

He tackled me into a hug. "I can't wait to spend all school year with you." He hugged me from behind and said into my ear. I sighed happily, "Me too."