11 • We All Make Mistakes ????

Later that night, I went to the party at my friends house.

"Ellie! You came!" She shouted as a walked into the crowded house filled with people I didn't know. "Have one!" She handed me a shot. Caroline, my friend from school, loved parties. So she always threw them.

I don't remember how many drinks I had. I was really dizzy. I had a vodka bottle in my hand and I was stumbling outside and down the road. Luckily, it was a quiet road. No cars.

I couldn't help but think about Susannah in those lonely moments. The pain of losing her was unbearable. I took a few swigs from the bottle before sitting down clumsily on the curb.

I didn't know when but I pulled out my phone and all the sudden I hear a voice. "Ellie? El? What's going on?" I hear a worried voice. "Huh?" I slurred. "That's it. I'm coming to get you!" The voice yelled before hanging up. "Hello?" I said into the phone. I was really drunk.

About an half hour later, I heard a car pull up near me. I was almost passed out on the curb. "Ellie? What the hell?" A pair of hands picked me up and helped me into the car.

I looked up, "JEREMIAH!" I hugged him tight. He made a face smelling the alcohol. "Come on Ellie, you're drunk." He pushed me into the back seats. "Jere... you came for me. Jerrrrreeeee!" I sang drunkenly.

We drove back to my place and he picked me up carrying me into my house.

"Jeremiah?" I called his name as he set me down on my bed. "Ellie?" He mocked me. "Do you hate me? Cause I killed Susannah?" I said but didn't realize. "Ellie... why would you say that? My mom loved you..." he said caressing my hair. "Ya..." I said before blacking out...

🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼

The next morning I woke up with the biggest headache. I groaned and sat up on my bed. I flinched at the smell of myself. I couldn't remember a thing. The only thing I remembered was Jeremiah.

Why was Jere here? I got up off my bed and took off my clothes and got into the shower. After I got out, I got dressed and headed to the kitchen.

"Morning shortie." I jumped. "Jeremiah?" I hugged him. "I'm so sorry. What happened?" I asked him. "You don't remember?" He asked. I shook my head, "I don't remember." I said.

"You got really drunk last night and called me." He said. "Oh my god, Jere... I'm so sorry." I said embarrassed. "It's alright." He kissed my forehead. "Did I say anything?" I asked a bit concerned. "You we're talking about my mom..." he said. "I'm so sorry, Jere... really." I said sincerely. He nodded and kissed my forehead once more.

"We all make mistakes, Ellie. It's okay to make mistakes. It's alright to be afraid too."

To be honest, I was afraid of losing Jeremiah. And I couldn't. Not now, not soon, not ever...