13 • This Is OUR Home ????

I haven't been to Cousins since Susannah died. I could already feel the absence of her. The house looked naked without her.

I parked my car and ran into the house. "Jeremiah? Belly?" I shouted throughout the house. "Ellie?" I heard Jeremiah. I ran to where the sound came from.

"What's going on?" I said confused as I felt the tension in the room. Steven and Taylor were there too?..

"The house is put up for sale..." Conrad said. "What?! No, this can't be happening. Who's selling it?!" I yelled very frustrated about to cry. "Aunt Julia." Jeremiah grinders his teeth. "Julia? She has no right. She hasn't talked to Susannah in years!" I yelled.

Jeremiah put a hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me down. "We'll figure this out." He said. "How?!" I asked. "I'm working on it." Conrad said. "What does that mean?" I was beyond frustrated. "I'm trying to get access to the money my mom left for us. I'm going to try and buy it." He explained, not 100% confidently.

"How do you know that'll work? What if it doesn't work?!" I cried. "Then we find another plan." He sighed. "Ellie, come on. Let's go take a walk." Jeremiah grabbed my wrist. I sighed and followed him out the back door.

"What the hell happened?" I asked him as we walked along the beach. "My dad happened. He wanted to sell the house. He said there's no use for it anymore." Jeremiah looked down at his feet. "That's not true. This is our home!" I cried more.

I couldn't believe this. How could he do this? Betray his sons like that. This place was our home! The only place we all bonded and had fun together. The place where I had my first kiss with Jeremiah. Everything here was special to everyone.

"I don't know what to do. Conrad won't let me help. I just feel so useless." Jeremiah had tears in his eyes. "You're not useless Jere. We'll find a way. I swear it." I hugged him tight. He sobbed in my arms. "My mom believed in this place. How does my dad not know that?" He cried. I shook my head, starting to cry more myself.

"I don't know Jere... I wish I had all the answers. I do." He nodded. "Thank you Ellie." He said. "For what Jere?" I asked. "For being here for me when I need you the most." He smiled. "That's what good friends do." I smiled back.

"Friends?" He gave me a look. "Do you think we're still more than friends?" I asked shyly. "I hope we can be." He looked at my lips. I leaned in a kissed him deeply.

I missed this. Our time together...