5 • Too Many Thoughts ????

When Jeremiah and I were five, one night at the beach house, there was this huge thunderstorm in the middle of the night. I remember I was so scared that I went to his room at 2am just to snuggle with him because I was so terrified.

When I was seven, my grandma died. Me and her were really close. I remember Jeremiah hugging me all day not letting go for a second. Susannah had to bring us food that's how bad it was.

When Jeremiah was twelve, Susannah was diagnosed with cancer. The boys took it hard. It was hard to see as a kid. But, I was there every second he needed me. I was his call, text, and I was always his hug. When he needed me, I was there. And when I needed him, he was there.

I guess I always knew we were destined to be. Me and Jere were inseparable. Still are. Nothing could ruin our forever bond.

I laid in my bed at 1am thinking. I couldn't sleep. I decided to see if Jeremiah was awake. I walked down the hall on the tips of my toes trying not to wake anyone. I got to his room and slowly pushed the door open.

"Jeremiah?..." I whispered. I heard him moan and turn towards the door. "Ellie? What's wrong?" His voice was raspy. "I can't sleep..." I whispered. "Come here. You can sleep with me." He said. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

I walked over to his bed and slowly got in as he slowly moved over. I laid down facing him and he opened his eyes. "Why can't you sleep?" He asked grabbing a strand of my loose hair.

"Too many thoughts." I said in a tired voice. He smiled and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me. I smiled into his chest and slowly fell into a deep sleep.

🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸🌼

I woke up to cold sheets. I stretched my arms out and noticed Jeremiah wasn't there beside me. I groaned and got up from the bed.

I made my way down into the kitchen and saw everyone there. "Morning." I sighed and rubbed my eyes. "How'd you sleep?" Steven said in a mocking tone. Conrad hit him in the shoulder. "Fine. Why?" I asked confused. "No reason." Conrad said. I shrugged it off.

"Where's Jere?" I asked Susannah. "He's at work." She smiled and kissed my forehead. "Work?" I was confused, I didn't know Jere had a job.

"He's a lifeguard at the pool." My mom said sipping her coffee. "Oh. He didn't tell me that." I said.

"Yeah. We all have jobs this summer." Conrad said. "I thought we were hanging out by the beach all summer and going to the pier?" I was now extremely confused.

"No can do. I'm working at the food court at the pool." Steven said. "What about you Con?" I asked Conrad. "I work at the docks sometimes." He said shrugging it off like it's nothing important.

"Well, I guess I'm going to the pool today then." I said. "Belly, you're coming with me." Belly sighed and got up off the stool she was sitting on at the kitchen island.

"Come on! It'll be fun!" I said ecstatically as we ran upstairs to get changed. "What's up with you and Jeremiah anyway?" Belly asked. "What do you mean?" I asked her. "The boys said that they saw you in his bed this morning." She smiled slightly at the accusation. "I couldn't sleep." I said blankly.

"You couldn't sleep?" She was unimpressed. "Can we talk about this later?" I didn't really want to talk about it before knowing what "it" was.

"Sure." She laughed. "What's so funny?" I threw a pillow at her. She laughed and threw one at me. I giggled, "Gosh, you're such a child."