29 • Two Months 👼🏼

It's been two months since I found out I was pregnant. A long two months. Everyday felt longer as I felt my baby grow inside me day after day.

The joy inside me was livid. It was extraordinary. Jeremiah was excited to be a father, and I was excited to be a mother. I've been dreaming of this my whole life.

As the sun rose above the sand, I sat in a lawn chair enjoying the view. Jeremiah still asleep in our room.

We haven't told anyone about this baby yet. We wanted to wait. Plus, I haven't even started to show yet.

As I sat smiling at the sunrise, my stomach started to ache. I thought I was hungry so I walked into the kitchen. But, the pain got worse.

I went to the bathroom thinking maybe it was something I ate. I sat down and hunched over grabbing my stomach groaning.

I sighed as I felt a bit of relief and sat up straight. I had this urge of sadness wave over me. I looked down and there was blood everywhere. On my underwear, and in the toilet.

I instantly knew what it was and started to cry. Sob...

I covered my mouth as I let my feelings out. My baby... my baby was... gone.

Jeremiah must have heard my agony and was knocking on the bathroom door. I unlocked it slowly, not getting up off the toilet. He walked in and saw the blood.

"Ellie? What happened?" He knelled down to me. "The baby..." I sobbed. His face went pale and he picked me up. He carried me in my morning dress to the car, it was covered in blood.

The once white dress was now red.

As we arrived at the hospital, the nurses took me back immediately in my condition.

It felt like forever that I was in there. The curtain slid open and a doctor walked in. "I'm so sorry." That's all he had to say before I bursted into tears, Jeremiah at my side.

We both sat in silence as he held me tight, not wanting to say a word.