52. Enchanting

Roast ham cover in an apricot glaze. Pasta salad, fresh rolls, steaming corn, Sansa looked over all the food. It was enough to feed an army. An array of sweets and custards it looks like a delicious heaven. Sansa turned back to Jae he smiled down at her.

"You are perfect." Sansa told him reaching out for a lemon tart licking the powdered sugar from her fingers happily.

"I'm not". Jae corrected "but I will try. For you." Sansa felt her heart melt. She had went from a boy that liked to abuse her to a man that treated her like a queen. 

If personality was an unbroken series of successful gestures, then there was something gorgeous about Jae Gatsby.

Sansa ate until she felt like she was going to explode before Jae showed her to their chambers. She walked around the room wanting to test the bed and regretting how much she ate. Her things had been put in the wardrobe already. She knew he had some staff here, he had to but she didnt see them, it was like they were ghosts. 

Jae sat at the piano playing sansa a song before she stood up grabbing his hand and spinning him around. 

"You know I have a ballroom." Jae remarked. 

"You do?" Sansa declared. 

"Come on," Jae agreed leading her through to the back of the house, a beautiful marble floor, big, tall open windows, sheer curtains blowing in the breeze. The sunsetting shimmering into the room, sparkling every inch of the ballroom. Sansa looked up seeing the Mirrorball. She looked back at Jae as he held her. 

"You light up every room you walk into." Jae whispered kissing her. 

"I want to dance with you every night, I want to see this mirror ball light up the room with the sunset. Every sunset." Sansa decided. 

"That can be arranged." Jae assured. He stepped close, sliding his arm around her waist, his fingers skimming along the bare skin of her back. she leaned into more, her hand on his chest, her lips finding his. THey stayed like that until the sun disappeared and then Jae led her outside. 

"The green light." Sansa pondered as he led her to the end of his dock. 

"There it is." Jae remarked and Sansa smiled back at the green light across the way. 

Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter—to-morrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. . . .

"What do you think of it?" 

"It is enchanting." Sansa admitted. 

"It has hypnotized me for years, but I found something better to put my focus into." Jae assured looking to Sansa, she blushed, biting her lip. 

And as Nick sat there brooding on the old, unknown world, he thought of Gatsby's wonder when he first picked out the green light at the end of the dock. He had come a long way to this blue lawn, and his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. He did not know that it was already behind him, somewhere back in that vast obscurity beyond the city, where the dark fields of the republic rolled on under the night.

"We need to go inside now." Sansa remarked. 

"Are you cold?" Jae questioned taking off his jacket. 

"I need you to kiss me... everywhere." Sansa corrected. A smile curved his face and he pulled her close. "Hence why we need to go inside." Jae nodded into her lips.