30. Rare

Sansa was already in a mood, Jae had been called away Cersei always wanted to see him, then Tyrion wanted him, everyone wanted a piece of Jae and sansa was last on the totem pole. So when she opened the door and a mysterious woman stared back at her claiming to be a useless handmaiden, Sansa was ready to explode. 

'Hello my name is Shae and Lord Tyrion has requested I be your handmaiden.' She told sansa, sansa just stared at her, Shae stared blankly back at her. 

''Do you know anything about being handmade?' sansa sassed.

'I've never been a handmaiden before.' Shae informed sansa honestly.

''You haven't?' she questioned confused.

"I'm a quick learner.' Shae assured her. Shae stood awkwardly not knowing what to do she had done one thing the majority of her life and tending to a spoiled little lady was not it.

''Well?' Sansa demanded

''What would you like me to do?' Shae questioned confused.

''I shouldn't have to tell you what to do you should just do it!'' sansa shouted.

''I'm sorry I don't-''

''You empty my chamber pot, brush my hair clean my sheets bring me my meals,'' Sansa instructed. Shae nodded going to the chamber pot.

'Your chamber pot is empty.' Daphne remarked

'Clean the table.' sansa told her so she started to clean the table eating as she cleaned. ''Listen closely handmaidens wait on ladies, ladies do not wait on handmaidens. Do you understand and I do not have time to answer 1000 questions and teach you how to do your job!'' sansa spat.

''Do you want me to leave?'' Shae questioned moving away from the table. They stared each other a long moment sansa's anger diffusing

''Just brush my hair.'' Sansa said sitting down at her vanity. Shae obliged, gently brushing her hair, the girl tried hard not to break down. But Shae could see, sansa was cracking, being here, alone. A wolf among lions.

+

"Cersei gave me an earful." Jae remarked. 

"A cunt full?" Tyrion mused bringing a hand to his ear. "i couldnt quite hear you-" Jae swatted a hand at him. 

"An earful about you, Tyrion." Jae corrected. "You are selling off Myrcella to dorne?" 

"Ah, yes, she is complains to you and you try and get me to change my mind?" Tyrion mused. 

"YOu are hand of the king but Myrcella is her daughter, don't you think thats a bit harsh?" Jae countered. "She just lost her husband-"

"Her beloved, husband." Tyrion agreed with a wink. 

''Tyrion,' Bronn hissed.

''Did you find him?' Tyrion questioned, jae spun around. 

"Who are you finding?" Jae countered confused. 

''Oh I have and he's got company filthy old stoat I hate to interrupt.' Bronn said with a grin.

''No you don't.' Tyrionn corrected.  "Brothels Jae, you are missing out." Tyrion remarked. 

"No I'm not." Jae corrected. "You two have fun though."

When Jae made it to Sansa's chambers he gave a little knock and Shae opened the door glaring back at him. 

"What do you want?" Shae snapped. 

"Shae, don't be mean, thats Jae Gatsby." Sansa remarked. "You can come in, Shae doesnt know manners," Sansa informed him. 

"A new friend?" Jae questioned. 

"Handmaiden, Tyrion gifted her to me." Sansa corrected. "She doesnt know how to be handmaiden either." Sansa added. 

"Can I be excused... My lady?" Shae drawled. 

"Yes." Sansa agreed quickly, Shae headed out rolling her eyes. "I missed you, I havent seen you all day." Sansa remarked. 

"HAve you eaten yet?" Jae questioned. 

"No," Sansa answered smiling back at him. 

"Come on, supper under the stars, you need to get out of this room." Jae remarked, Sansa grabbed his hand as he led her outside. Sansa hid behind Jae when she saw Joffrey coming down the hall he pulled her aside hiding in a little alcove with her. Sansa stifled her laughter into his shirt and he smiled down at her. 

He smiled understandingly -much more than understandingly. It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in lifetime. It faced -or seemed to face- the whole eternal world for an instant, and then concentrated on you with an irresistible prejudice in your favor. It understood you just as far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself, and assured you that it had precisely the impression of you that, at your best, you hoped to convey.