15. Meddling

Tell Me Why / Oberyn Martell Out now!

"How are things with Joffrey?" Jae pondered over breaking fast. Sansa smiled softly tucking her hair behind her ear. "Thats a nice smile."

"He is handsome." Sansa offered. Arya rolled her eyes.

"How were lessons Arya? Syrio treating you alright?" Jae pondered.

"Hes the best. Thanks for finding him." Arya agreed.

"Why do you dancing lessons?" Sansa cut in.

"Why do you need to be so obnoxious?" Arya countered.

"You hate dancing." Sansa sassed.

"And you dont have a nice bone in your body." Arya decided.

"Okay!" Jae declared putting his cup down. "I think thats enough insults for one morning."

''It's the Hand's tournament that's causing all this trouble, my Lords.'' Janos remarked

''The King's tournament. I assure you the Hand wants no part of it." Ned corrected. Ned had hoped to see his girls before meetings started but that's wasn't the case. He knew Jae was looking out for them though. He never had to ask. Jae knew what ned needed and did it. Protect his girls.

''Call it what you will, Lord Stark Ser, the city is packed with people and more flooding in every day. Last night we had a tavern riot, a brothel fire, three stabbings and a drunken horse race down the Street of Sisters.'' Janos informed him

''Dreadful.'' Varys agreed

''If you can't keep the King's peace, perhaps the City Watch should be commanded by someone who can.'' Renly offered

''I need more men.'' Janos told them simply.

''You'll get 50. Lord Baelish will see it paid for.'' Ned remarked and Petyr looked down the table to him.

''I will?' Petyr countered curiously.

'You found money for a champion's purse, you can find money to keep the peace." Ned agreed.

"Of course, I will," Petyr remarked and Ned smiled smugly. Tormenting Ned throughout was a good way to pass the time but Ned liked to push buttons too. "Perhaps we ask your pal Jae for the money. Surely he would be happy-"

''Jae jas his hands full." Ned corrected. Ned wasnt going to let jae waste his money on a tournament neither of them wanted. Even if he claimed to have too much money. Petyrs money could be put to use for once not just on whores. "I'll also give you 20 of my household guards till the crowds have left.''

''Thank you, my Lord Hand Ser.'' Janos said immediately. ''They will be put to good use.''

''The sooner this is over, the better.'' Ned murmured.

"Jae would you walk me to lessons?" Sansa questioned. Jae stacked his plate neatly and got up.

"It would be my honor." Jae agreed. Sansa loved that he always offered her his arm.

"Lord Gatsby!" Cersei declared.

"Hello your grace" jae and sansa echoed.

"Little dove might I have word with Jae?" Cersei questioned.

"I was going to walk-" jae began.

"Of course your grace." Sansa corrected. She curtsied to them before heading down the hall. She glanced back hoping jae was watching her but he was looking at cersei.

''The realm prospers from such events, my Lord. They give the great a chance at glory, and the lowly a respite from their woes.'' Varys offered

''And every inn in the city is full and the whores are walking bow-legged.' Petyr informed him.