36. Last Breath

Willing Heart / Ser Duncan the tall out now!

"Everyone is focused on the fighting." Sansa remarked. "They are preparing they don't care about me."

"They have blocked off all the gates, the guards are not on you but they are around the castle. More than usual." Jae corrected. "I could never get you out now. We will have to hope for the best with this battle."

"Hope the lannisters win?" Sansa questioned confused.

"I don't think Stannis will hurt you." Jae remarked. "He would have no reason to, you are not lannister, you don't challenge his claim. I think hoping Stannis wins... but his men won't care about you. Your namesake, they will just see-"

"Another body." Sansa whispered.

"I have requested so sit this battle out, protect the castle but they need every able body." Jae remarked. "I..."

"You are going to be fighting for the lannisters?" Sansa declared.

"I don't have a choice. Tyrion isnt a bad man, Cersei- although manipulative she just wants her children safe. There are a lot of good men here not just bad men like Trant that are just doing their jobs." Jae reminded her.

''You're the master of whisperers.' Joffrey spat at varys 'You're supposed to know everything.''

''No man can be in all rooms at all times." Varys remarked ''I have many little birds in the North, My Lord, but I haven't heard their songs since Theon Greyjoy captured Winterfell.'' Varys told him

''The Stark forces are distracted. Now is the time to strike.''  Joffrey demanded

'To strike?' Tyrion asked 'My dear nephew, you do see these men preparing the walls for siege? You do understand Stannis Baratheon sails this way?''

''If my Uncle Stannis lands on the shores of King's Landing, I'll ride out to greet him.'' Joffrey said confidently.

'A brave choice, Your Grace.'' Varys offered

''I'm sure your men will line up behind you.''' Tyrion mused

''They say Stannis never smiles. I'll give him a red smile from ear to ear.' Joffrey said walking off.

'Imagine Stannis's terror.' Tyrion mused.

'I am trying.' Varys agreed

"So the lannisters win and I'm still to marry Joffrey or the lannisters lose and I am..." Sansa couldnt breathe.

"You stay in your chambers, bar the door, if they get past us I will get to you. Abandon my post and find you." Jae assured. "With my last breath I will protect you."

"You are a very intelligent man, lord Tyrion.''

''I'd like to think I'm an intelligent man.'' Tyrion agreed.

''Oh, no one disputes that, My Lord, not even the multitudes who despise you. I wish we could converse as two honest, intelligent men.'' Varys told him

''I wish we could, too.'' Tyrion agreed ''What do you want? Tell me.''

''If we're going to play, you'll have to start.''

''My brother was the youngest Kingsguard in history. My sister became queen at the age of 19. When I reached manhood, my father put me in charge of all the drains and cisterns in Casterly Rock. A most highborn plumber. The water never flowed better. And all the shit found its way to the sea."" Tyrion told them. "I never expected to have any real power. So when my father named me acting Hand ...'' Tyrion began.

''You're quite good at being Hand, you know?" Varys remarked. "Jon Arryn and Ned Stark were good men, honorable men," Varys began "but they disdained the game and those who played. You enjoy the game.'' Vary told him.

''I do. Last thing I expected.'' Tyrion admitted

'And you play it well.''

''I'd like to keep playing it.'' Tyrion informed him. ''If Stannis breaches the gates, the game is over.''  Tyrion sighed looking over the waters.

''They say he burns his enemies alive to honor the Lord of Light.'' Varys remarked

''The Lord of Light wants his enemies burned, the Drowned God wants them drowned.'' Tyrion recalled. 'Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where is the God of tits and wine?" Tyrion pondered.

"In the Summer Isles, they worship a fertility goddess with 16 teats.'' Varys informed him

''We should sail there immediately.'' Tyrion declared.

"What happens when I wed joffrey?" Sansa whispered.

"You become queen." Jae offered.

"I'm still a prisoner." Sansa corrected. "Just a prisoner with a useless crown."

"What did cersei have to say?" Jae questioned.

"That I will love my children, I dont have to love Joffrey." Sansa answered. "Not that I could ever love Joffrey. I love... would it be better to die than live this life?" Sansa questioned.

"Don't talk about death just yet." Jae countered kissing her temple. "We have come this far, we will get out of this place. You and I."

"Promise?"

"I will fight for you, until my last breath." Jae agreed.

''This morning I heard a song all the way from Qarth beyond the Red Waste. Daenerys Targaryen lives.''

''A girl at the edge of the world is the least of our problems.'' Tyrion reminded him

'She has three dragons."

'Baby dragons." Tyrion corrected.

"But even if what they say is true, it'll be years before they are fully grown. And then there will be nowhere to hide.' Varys reminded them.

'One game at a time, my friend.''

+

'Are you afraid my lion?' Shae questioned Tyrion.

'If the city falls Stannis will burn every last Lannister he can find, of course I am afraid.' Tyrion told her

'I won't let them hurt you.' Shae said confidently.

'I am a Lannister I don't have a choice in all this.' he told her brushing a hand against her back 'and it is not your war.' she moved quickly straddling him.

'It is now.' she told him he smiled up at her

'You can't fuck your way out of everything.' Tyrion teased

'I have so far.' she reminded him 'do you remember what you said when you met me in your tent? That I should make love to you like it was your last day on earth...' Slowly she brought her lips down to him.

Mirrorball // Sansa Starkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें