TWENTY TWO

The Emperor left the throne room with his mind tormented by thoughts and memories; now little or no time was dedicated to be the sovereign of Greece, unfortunately he was not dedicated either to be what he should be, a protector for Jin. Very few times after the attack two days ago he had gone to see the maiden, he felt his conscience reproaching him at every step but he simply could not look Jin in the eyes. Hansol, with much diplomacy, had already reprimanded him in a very severe tone, then it was his brother's turn, and that morning NamJoon was in charge of reminding him how stupid he was being.

The door to the room next to his never looked so sad before. When he finally entered, he spotted Jin sitting on a small sofa placed next to the balcony so that the afternoon breeze gently caressed his face, and the sun's rays nourished his pale skin.

"Have you realized that if you haven't come to see him it's because you don't want to face the reality that you lost your firstborn?" JungKook said to himself before moving a little closer "How are you feeling, "he asked without any previous greeting positioning himself next to him.

Jin neither looked at him nor answered him. What did he expect him to answer?

"Jin,"

"I want to leave,"

And JungKook thought he had gone mad or that his conscience was playing cruel jokes on him; however, as he said that Jin dared to look up to see the Emperor.

"What are you saying,"

"I no longer wish to be here, I cannot,"

"Why," he blurted out in a tone very close to sullen.

"Because I still have one son left that I can save,"

They say a stab hurts less than words, JungKook thought to test that theory. Jin's eyes were moist, red and irritated with tears that didn't even have the strength to come out anymore. The tall man was shattered by that image.

'It's your fault'

'You never believed him, you didn't listen to him and now he wants to leave.'

'Do you know why?'

'Because next to you he only knows misery' thoughts like that flooded his mind.

'You're still too weak,' could that be considered an excuse for not letting him go?

Pitifully for Jin, JungKook never told him to stay, that he didn't want him to leave. However, that didn't surprise him, after all he was still a treacherous maiden and that he lost his baby because of it.

"I don't care,"

"Do you wish to return to Sparta? Yoongi will murder you if you do,"

"And what do you think HyunJin was here for? No matter where I am, Yoongi will look for me to make me pay for my mistake,"

"I won't allow it,"

Jin twisted his face and turned his face away as if that had annoyed him. Jin's eyes were once again fixed on the Athens sunset, thinking of anything but the man beside him.

"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant," he said.

"Because you were upset with me, you thought I betrayed you, and maybe I did but more important to me is the life of my child,"

JungKook squatted in front of the boy, forced him to look him in the eyes even though the heartbreaking image of depressed Jin hurt him too much.

"I hurt you so many times and you never warned me about your situation,"