Immortal - Part 16 - Tony x Steve x Reader

Shaking the sound of Howard's voice from her mind, (Y/n) made her way to the door. She knew that her inner voice, the one that had strangely turned into Howard, was right; that if she didn't tell Tony, the Captain and the others about herself, sooner rather than later, then things could all turn pear shaped if and when it did come out. But how to tell them? She had already lied about the pictures being of her grandmother. She had already omitted the fact that she and Howard had known one another. Refused to dignify the captain's assertions that she had been the one watching him, during his time at Camp Lehigh and beyond. Refused to give him that link that he so obviously wanted. So, whatever she did, this was never going to be easy.

Slowly she opened the door, smiling as she saw Tony leaning against the door jamb, smiling back.

"I was wondering how the unpacking was going..........?"

"Great. And of course, you have perfect timing, I've just finished. Want a look........?" The immortal replied, opening the door wider, so that Tony could come inside. (Y/n) chuckling to herself as the billionaire looked at the walls and bookcases, with amazement.

She didn't mean to boast, but she had to admit that her collection was an impressive one. That as Howard had always noted, and Fury had said, as he entered her home, there was not a museum in the world that would not give their right arm and leg for even a few of her pieces. A sense of pride growing in her, as Tony made his way from piece to piece. It quite obvious from the noises he was making, that he approved.

"That is a Claidheamh-mor, or claymore, dated to 1333. It was said to have been given by the then Earl of Angus to a woman. He called it An lann neo-bhàsmhor, The undying blade, in her honour." (Y/n) explained, as she moved to Tony's side and looked up at the sword on the wall.

"The helmet underneath, belonged to the only female archer to step foot on the battlefield at Agincourt, on the 25th of October 1415. Each piece you see here, has a story just like that, a story of its own. Each piece worn by or presented to a female warrior. To a woman that was loved by a great man. Each piece, as important as the next............"

"But........how did you come across some of these things? Some of these items are priceless. They should be in............."

"A museum.........yes, I know. I have been told that on more than one occasion. And you are right, there are one or two pieces that are unique; the only ones of their kind, the only ones left in the world. And they are priceless; but not because of what someone else might be willing to pay for them. Not because of what a collector might have them insured for; but more because of what they mean to me. Because of the memories they hold........." The immortal interrupted, as she ghosted her fingers over the helm that she had donned over six centuries before. That she had worn as she stood with the other archers. The bowstrings of their longbows pulled back in unison, before they had let their arrows fly.

"It is better to tell him now...........he knows that something is wrong........If you let it go any further. If you keep denying what you are, it really will only get harder. Let my son know you as I did. Don't hide from him........" Howard's voice suddenly said, as she looked at Tony. (Y/n) for once wishing that the voice in the back of her mind, would just leave her. But it.......Howard was right. The immortal not sure whether she would be welcome at the compound any longer, once she told Tony. Once she had apologised to the captain for deceiving him. Yet whatever happened, she knew that this was the only way.

"(Y/n), what's going on? Unless the European branch of S.H.I.E.L.D pays much better than they do here; how would an agent be able to afford any of this..............?"

"As I told you, Tony. Each piece was worn by or presented to a female warrior. To a woman that was loved by a great man. Each piece was given........to me............" The immortal replied. (Y/n) taking Tony's hand, as the billionaires brows furrowed all the more.

"You and I need to talk. All I hope is that you don't hate me after hearing what I have to tell you." (Y/n) continued, as she slowly took him to the sofa, and sat him down.

                                                           >>---------------------------------<<

Steve made his way into S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters. As he told Bucky, he was going to get to the bottom of this. He was going to get to the truth behind agent le Faye; and the director was the only one that he could think of turning to. Alright, Fury had already told him once that all he had to know about the woman was in the file that the team had been presented with, and normally he wouldn't question that; but this..........this was something different. This was..........this was important to him.

It had been hard for him, before he had found Bucky again. Being frozen in his own time, only to be brought back into a world that he didn't know, hadn't understood; had been more than a little to take in. So, to be able to find Bucky, and eventually bring him to the fold, had been nothing but good for both of them. Had given them someone to talk to if times ever got too tough; someone that could truly understand. And as much as he felt at home now in the new century, in the new world, just to have someone else; someone that he could talk to about the camp. Someone that had known Peggy, Erskine, and Howard. Someone that had seen him turn from that sickly, frail young man, into the man he was today, could only help all the more. That, and it would mean that there were three of them that could really remember how the world had been, not just two. Steve raising his hand as he got to the director's office and knocking sharply on the door.