Chapter 3. - The ride to the Great Stones of Nematon.

The rain had let up now and they were able to ride to the great stones of Nematon without getting soaked. Percival, Gwaine and Leon were up front with Arthur and Gwen, while Merlin trailed behind them. “Merlin what is wrong with you? Don’t tell me you have been listening to Gaius’s bedtime stories again.” Arthur said, the annoyance clear in his voice.

“Oh well sorry for being wary. Perhaps you need reminding of what happened the last time we came up here to the Great Stones of Nematon.” Merlin retorted, glancing nervously around him.

Arthur nodded. “Fair enough.” Merlin frowned, no complaining abou how annoying he was? No whining at him to hurry up and just trust him? Merlin was surprised.

The Great Stones of Nematon towered above them from out of the dark cloudy sky.  They dismounted from their horses and Merlin spread out the large blanket that Arthur insisted they bring so that they didn’t have to sit on the wet ground. “No. Not there Merlin, right in the middle of the stones.” Arthur said, “We want a creepy feeling.” Merlin sighed and moved the blanket closer to the Stones.

They all gathered round and sat on the blanket, Merlin set up a small fire in front of them so that they didn’t get cold; as the wood was wet he had to mutter a spell under his breath just to make it light. “Right who wants to tell the first story?” Arthur asked.

“Oh me! Me! Me!” Gwaine yelled, punching his hand into the air and waving it around to grab Arthur’s attention. They laughed.

“Okay then Gwaine you go first.” Arthur said.