Chapter 1. - Halloween/ Samhain.

'Great Samhain again!' Merlin thought sarcastically as he finished the last job on the long everlasting list of jobs that Arthur had given him to have done by that night. 'If past history is anything to go by.' he thought back to the time when Morgana and Morgause unleashed the Dorocha, to wreak havoc on the kingdom.

He went back to Arthur’s room. “Done them all sire.” He said as he spotted Arthur, still struggling to write the speech for the feast.

“What all of them?” Arthur asked shocked, he had expected those jobs to last for at least all day. But Merlin had finished them already and the day wasn’t even half done yet. Merlin nodded, smirking at Arthur’s dumbstruck expression. Arthur had expected for it to take Merlin longer than it had and he wasn’t even finished with his speech yet. “Do you want any help?” Merlin asked, wandering over to the table to view Arthur’s speech. There wasn’t anything on it. “You do know that the feast is in almost two hours sire?” Merlin asked with a smirk.

Yes I am well aware of that fact Merlin.” Arthur snapped.

“Well it’s lucky for you that you have such a nice servant to have done this for you.” Merlin said, producing a roll of parchment from his pocket. Arthur glared at his servant and took the scroll. It read:

Samhain. It’s the time to remember those we have lost and to celebrate their passing. Tonight we remember friends, family and loved ones. May we all thank them for the peaceful kingdom of Camelot that they have played their part in to help us achieve it, for the future of Albion.

“I had no idea that you could write let alone be a caring person underneath it all Merlin. It’ll need to be polished.” Arthur said, a slight smirk on his face.

‘He is so irritating! I didn’t have to do that for him. I could have just sat at home and done nothing, let him suffer through writing the speech himself.’ Merlin thought, “I’ll do it now for you. King Prat the first.” He said, taking the scroll.

“I heard that.” Arthur said.

“You were supposed to.” Merlin called over his shoulder. Arthur sighed and shook his head, placing his head in his hands.