Chapter 40. - Death of a Knight.

Chapter 40. – Death of a Knight.

The knights of Camelot lined the shore of the lake of Avalon, their red cloaks fluttered in the wind like flags. The boat was pushed out into the water, Mordred set in the middle of the boat. One of the archers set an arrow in the middle of his bow and lit it in one of the torches set by their side. He pointed his bow towards the sky and realeased the string sending the flaming arrow up into the sky to land in the boat setting it on fire. The knight, Arthur, Gwen and Merlin and Gaius stood watching the boat make it’s sad lament across the still calm waters.

The sky above was dark and cloudy casting a gloomy atmosphere across the lake. “It’s my fault. I should have stopped him.” Arthur said. Guinevere turned to face him, clutching his arm in hers. “It’s not your fault. Mordred was determined to do what he felt was right.”

“I still should have tried.” Arthur said turning away from Guinevere.

The End.

A/N: how did you like this story? I was actually crying while writing about Mordred's death. Lol. What have I become? Crying about Mordred. Lol. Anyway I hope you have enjoyed my fanfiction. There will not be a sequel for this story unless I come up with something totally awesome and if you lot want it!!! :D I'll be working on some more of my Merlin fanfictions now that this one is finished. :)