Chapter 33. - Freaked out. Merlin's P.O.V. Part 4.

I stared into the hungry amber of the werewolf above me. I had to think of something; otherwise I would either be eaten or would fall to my death. ‘What to do? What to do?’ Well stay calm would be one of those things. I looked down, not the smartest thing I could have done, as it didn’t help my fear of heights. But it did help me figure out what to do. There was still a bit of rope left below me and there was a balcony below. I looked back up at the wolf, hoping he wouldn’t realise what I was planning to do. But it seemed that he didn’t notice what I had been looking at. I slowly started to slide down the rope towards the balcony, keeping my eyes on the wolf above me.

Every so often I glanced down to check how far away from the balcony I was...... Just a little further. But then the wolf started to pull the rope up. Making it further and further away from the balcony. ‘No!!!’ I though as I let go of the rope and plummeted towards the balcony. I landed on my feet, causing both ankles to twist painfully. “Gah!!!” I winced in pain. I tried to take a step forward, but my ankles wouldn’t allow it. I glanced up at the werewolf, he was snarling in anger at me. But then he disappeared, I had escaped for now, but how long would it be till he came back. I couldn’t move from this balcony due to my twisted ankles and he was probably on his way to this very balcony now.