Chapter 34. - Freaked out. Arthur's P.O.V. Part 5.

My hand was stretching for the candle; every muscle in my body was burning in my effort to make my hand stop. I forced my other hand on top of the one reaching out for the candle and tried to pin it to my side but it was as solid as stone. If only I had my sword. I could still hear the spider scrabbling on the other side of the door. My hand grabbed the candle and I noticed that all the ghostly figures were egging on my death.

They knew that I had just stood by and not tried to help. But I had tried to solve it with Morgana as a boy, but apparently that didn’t seem to please them.  My hand grabbed the candle and raised it towards me. But just then it stopped in the motion of moving towards me. I glanced up at the woman and she came towards me, the children following her. I tried to move but I was either frozen in fear or this was another part of her plan. My mind span into fast forward. All the time the same thought was going through my head. ‘How would I die? Would I ever see my beloved Guinevere again? Was there nothing I could do? Maybe appealing to their better nature?!’ I decided to try and appeal to their better nature, if they had one. If not it was still worth a shot. I still wished that I hadn’t lost my sword when all those rocks fell.

The ghosts of the children stopped and the woman came up in my face. She screamed loudly. I raised my eyebrows at her, a look of cool on my face....well at least I hoped so. ‘Really?!! Was that necessary?!!’ I thought. Her face was pale and gaunt but I couldn’t see her eyes or anything in the flickering candle light. I felt like pulling the hood of her cloak back to see who it was more clearly. But somehow I didn’t feel that it would help me much.