.Unclean.

••••
______________________________

I woke up today feeling different. I didn't bother to move my body set up in any way. I just stared out the window by the bed. I didn't want to come to terms with my reality. The hate I felt for Katie had dissipated overnight, only to be replaced with disappointment. I brushed the tear that fell.

My view of the window being blocked by a tall figure, I looked up to see Tom. He held fresh clothes and a toothbrush, placed them on the bed, and sat beside me.

"I brought you some things, " he said, tenderness in his voice. I began to sit up facing him. He noticed my struggle And helped me. My body was still sore, and the pain flowed to my broken hand. The memories of last night are replaying in my mind. "Where's Bill?" I was scared to ask, but I wanted to know. It sounded like my vocal cords had been ripped out as I spoke. I was forcing words, unable to make a sentence. But Tom understood me.

"He Had some business to handle. He took the others with him. I'm here to make sure you don't try anything." his reply relieved me and saddened me that Gustav wasn't here. I was hoping I'd get to talk to him a little bit. I wanted to thank him.

"How is Katie?" I said I had been genuinely worried. I merely wanted to make sure Bill didn't do to her what he did to me. "She's fine. I wouldn't worry about her." Tom was right. he placed a reassuring hand on my leg, giving me a little shake before getting up and heading out. My eyes followed him. As he left the room, shutting the door behind him, I cringed upon seeing my black dress on the floor, reminding me of what happened. I let out a long sigh and forced myself out of Bill's bed; I couldn't bear being glued to the silky fabric beneath me.

I used the nightstand to help me up. I saw Gustav had removed Bill's belt and neatly placed it on The dresser.

That's when I noticed I wore a dark gray, baggy shirt long enough to cover my private areas. Gustav's scent lingered on it. I smiled, reminiscing. On the way, he pulled me and hugged me gently. That's the first time in a long time that I've been held with such care.

I felt a sharp pain course through my lower abdomen, causing me to keel over tightly, holding my stomach. I rushed to the bathroom, beginning to puke my guts out.

After a minute, the worst had passed, and I felt slightly better. Flushing the toilet as I stood to my feet. I grabbed a hold of the counter and stared into the mirror, brushing my hair behind my ear. I had dried blood on my forehead due to my cut and the quite noticeable red and purple bruises Bill left on my neck; I touched them slightly, then let out a broken cry. I angrily Slammed my good hand on the cold marble.

I began rummaging through the cabinets, searching for anything I could wrap around my broken hand. At this point, my hand would never heal unless adequately treated. I found the first aid kit with bandages in it and medical tape. It wasn't my first rodeo with a broken hand, so I knew what to do. I begin feeling around my bones and wincing at the sore spots. The discoloration was at the base of my ring and pinky finger. I knew I had a boxer's fracture.

I would have to reposition and reset the bone myself, as seeking medical attention wasn't an option. I grabbed a washcloth and put it in my mouth. I cracked the bone back into place, biting down on the cloth holding in my scream, as my eyes vigorously dropped tears, though I was unfazed emotionally.

I took the washcloth out of my mouth when it was done. I began using the tape and bandaging to make a makeshift splint. I'd done everything correctly. The discolored purple faded slightly, meaning blood flow was coming through. I was no doctor, but these were things I had to know due to my past.

I walked out of the bathroom, grabbing the clothes and toothbrush Tom left for me on the bed.

I closed the door behind me and locked It. I set the water to the highest, needing to feel the burn on my skin. I removed Gustav's shirt before stepping in and closing the glass.

I winced at the burn of the water but then let out a heaved breath as it coated my skin, the Sting making me feel numb. I began to scrub every inch of my body harshly, leaving no part untouched.

After an eternity, I forced myself to get out of the shower. I had stayed there so long the water had run cold, and the glass in the bathroom no longer fogged. My lips were purple due to the water. And I was dreading when I had to leave this bathroom and face whoever was out there.

The only person pushing me was Gustav. I looked at his shirt on the floor and picked it up, smiling. I folded it neatly. I did not want to return it to him In a wrinkled state. I looked at the clothes Tom brought for me. I could tell they were his. he gave me a baggy graphic tee and basketball shorts. I finished getting dressed and brushing every inch of my mouth. The hardest part is facing the others. They had to have been back by now.
_______________________________