10. trip to somewhere

Start from the beginning

"be safe, you two." charlie yelled out, jack giving her a salute.

eleven found them seats, her taking the window seat. he sat next to her. "you alright?"

she nodded, staring out the window as the bus started to move. he sighed, turning on his walkman and putting its headphones on.

el stared at him. "you wanna listen?" she only nodded. he gave her the headphones to try on.

they were a bit big on her but she managed. 'ripeness' by echo & the bunnymen was playing.

he smiled when she smiled. he only wanted her happy, she went through alot last year. he wished nothing like that would happen.

only if he knew.

she stared out of the window again, the other boy fell asleep on her shoulder. she didn't mind, she liked jack. he was the only one that she could trust right now.

she giggled softly at his soft snores. "eleven?"

she looked at jack who woke up. "why did you leave us? cameron's back by the way, the one we kept talking about to you."

"hopper kept me away because he thought i should be kept in the house. safe from hawkins,"

"safe from hawkins? i hate cops sometimes, it's just always safety with them. he never let you go out? even for a few minutes?"

she shook her head. "no."

he sighed. "hopper's really protective,"

she nodded. "i guess,"

he took his headphones from her. "can you put on static?"

"on the walkman?" he asked.

"yes,"

"i think i can," he put it on static and handed the it to the girl who thanked him.

she held something in her hand, a leaflet? he just stared at her as she did her thing with the mind. he didn't exactly know what it was.

he just knew she did something with her mind. she was done with her mind in a few moments. "i know where we need to go,"

"actually?"

"yes,"

"awesome."

they reached their destination. jack followed her lead, they passed cops who gave them a wary eye.

jack pulled eleven closer to him as they walked. eleven stoppee to stare at a building.

"is this where supposed to go?" he asked her, looking at the building.

"no."

someone bumped into her. "watch it, kid."

he went up to the guy. "no, watch it."

"mouth breather," she said when he turned and left. jack chuckled, wrapping an arm around her.

"let's get you where you need to,"