"Exactly. The ones you brought were so tasty."

"They were? So are your cookies with milk." She followed as Jasmine led the way out of the kitchen.

"That combo lives in my heart." They both chuckled and each of them took respective couches to sit on.

"Where's Aayan?"

"He's in his nursery, sleeping." Jasmine said, her attention on the television, trying to find a good channel for them to watch to at least keep Ummulkhayr silent.

Aayan's faint cries jolted Jasmine out of her seat after she was too engrossed in watching National Geographic Wild. Her intuitions would never let her hurt Aayan, her body would respond to him even before she knew it.

She found herself walking into the nursery, going straight to his crib and picking him up with utter carefulness.

"Oh hey, little man wants to get his diaper changed, we can't bathe now it's getting cold." She spoke playfully, as though her little son would comprehend what she was saying.

She shushed him and talked to him in a singsong voice as she took off his overall.

"What are you doing here?" Jasmine asked when she saw Muslim in her bedroom when she came back from the nursery after changing Aayan's diaper.

"I'm here for my wife and son obviously. Came back from office few minutes ago." He answered with affection.

"You're supposed to be at Ummulkhayr's. You probably walked past her in the living room." Jasmine resisted the urge to roll her eyes at him.

He face palmed, "sometimes I really do forget I have another wife."

"Quit the pretence, we both know you don't mean that." She approached the chaise lounge and picked up Aayan's shawl to back him.

"I'm not going to say you're lying because if I were you I would've said the same also. But we all have our reasons, Jasmine. You'll find out about my reason, sooner than later, I promise. Even if my reasons are not string enough to justify what I did, I hope you consider it.

"Well, that wasn't in any way touching. Why can't you tell me the so-called reasons now?"

"Ummulkhayr wants it as a secret for now."He said and instantly regretted.

"Oh. You mean her royal highness?" Jasmine cocked a single brow. "I'm not even interested in hearing your stuff. See if I care."

"Being this cold doesn't suit you, this is not who you are." He stood up and walked to her in front of the mirror. She was tightening the knot of the shawl on her chest to make Aayan stay in place.

"Talk to my hand."

Seeing that she wasn't going to talk to him, he talked about something else. "You could just keep him in his trolley and do your work, keeping the trolley beside you, your chest would hurt or you might have difficulty I'm breathing if you keep taking him kike this. I see you're making those mouthwatering doughnuts." His eyes beamed.

"Aayan is not heavy enough to cause that. And oh, your wife is making those heavenly-tasting croissants. Also, I think it's not fair walking past her as though you didn't notice her—"

"Of course I didn't know she was there." He interpolated but she ignored that, completing her sentence.

"—and then come here and speak needless stuff."

"It's totally fair if I come to check on you."

"You know what?" She feigned a drained face, "I really don't have the time to have silly conversations with you or argue with you on obvious matters, as you can see, I'm not a fan of talking too much these days. Do as you wish." She sauntered out of the room.