-Six- || -Back to hogwarts-

Start from the beginning

"Did someone say Mad-Eye?" Bill asked. "What's he been up to now?"

"He says someone tried to break into his house last night," said Mrs. Weasley. "How many's that now? 56?"Jade laughed picking up a piece of toast.

"Mad-Eye Moody?" said George thoughtfully, spreading marmalade on his toast. "Isn't he that nutter -
"Your father thinks very highly of Mad-Eye Moody," said Mrs Weasley sternly.

"Yeah, well, Dad collects plugs, doesn't he?" Jade muttered quietly as Mrs. Weasley left the room. "Birds of a feather . .." Fred added on,

"Moody was a great wizard in his time,"Bill stated "He's an old friend of Dumbledore's, isn't he?"Charlie asked

"Dumbledore's not what you'd call normal, though, is he?" Fred expanded. "I mean, I know he's a genius and everything...

"Who is Mad-Eye?" Harry asked.

"He's retired, used to work at the Ministry,"Charlie explained. "I met him once when Dad took me into work with him. He was an Auror - one of the best ... a Dark wizard catcher," he added, seeing Harry's blank look. "Half the cells in Azkaban are full because of him. He made himself loads of enemies, though . .. the families of people he caught, mainly ... and I heard he's been getting really paranoid in his old age. Doesn't trust anyone anymore. Sees Dark wizards everywhere."

Bill and Charlie decided to come and see everyone off at King's Cross station, but Percy, apologizing most profusely, said that he really needed to get to work.

"I just can't justify taking more time off at the moment," he told them. "Mr. Crouch is really starting to rely on me."

"Yeah, you know what, Percy?"George said seriously. "I reckon he'll know your name soon."

Mrs. Weasley had braved the telephone in the village post office to order three ordinary Muggle taxis to take them into London.
"Arthur tried to borrow Ministry cars for us," Mrs. Weasley whispered to Harry as they stood in the rain-washed yard, watching the taxi drivers heaving six heavy Hogwarts trunks into their cars. "But there weren't any to spare. ... Oh dear, they don't look happy, do they?"

"Mum I don't think they're particularly used to taking hyper owls and pissed of cats to London"Jade deadpanned.

severely scratched. They were very relieved to get out at King's Cross, even though the rain was coming down harder than ever, and they got soaked carrying their trunks across the busy road and into the station.

They got to the platform in groups today; Harry, Ron, and Hermione (the most conspicuous, since they were accompanied by Pigwidgeon and Crookshanks) went first; they leaned casually against the barrier, chatting unconcernedly, and slid sideways through it,

Fred and George went next they looked around to check nobody was looking and just sprinted through.

Jade and Ginny went after the twins and much like Harry, Ron and Hermione they leaned casually against the barrier and slipped through joining their siblings.

Bill, Charlie and Mrs Weasley came through and everyone got their stuff on the train before coming back to say their goodbyes,

"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think," said Charlie, grinning, as he hugged Ginny good-bye.

"Why?" said Fred keenly.

"You'll see," said Charlie. "Just don't tell Percy I mentioned it . .. it's 'classified information, until such time as the Ministry sees fit to release it,' after all." He mocked.

"You can't just drop something like that and not tell us you evil sod"Jade rolled her eyes hugging Charlie before going to stand with Ginny.

"I sort of wish I were back at Hogwarts this year," said Bill, hands in his pockets, looking almost wistfully at the train.

"Why?"George sighed impatiently.

"You're going to have an interesting year," said Bill, his eyes twinkling. "I might even get time off to come and watch a bit of it...."

"A bit of what?" Urged Ron. But at that moment, the whistle blew, and Mrs. Weasley chivvied them toward the train doors.

"Thanks for having us to stay, Mrs. Weasley," said Hermione as they climbed on board, closed the door, and leaned out of the window to talk to her.

"Yeah, thanks for everything, Mrs. Weasley," said Harry.

"Oh it was my pleasure, dears," Mrs. Weasley gushed "Id invite you for Christmas, but ... well, I expect you're all going to want to stay at Hogwarts, what with... one thing and another."

"Mum!" said Ron irritably. "What d'you three know that we don't."

"You'll find out this evening, I expect," said Mrs. Weasley, smil-ing. "It's going to be very exciting - mind you, I'm very glad they've changed the rules "

"What rules?" said Harry, Ron, Jade, Fred, and George together.

"I'm sure Professor Dumbledore will tell you. . .. Now, behave, won't you? Won't you, Fred? And you, George?" The pistons hissed loudly and the train began to move.

"Tell us what's happening at Hogwarts!" Fred bellowed out of the window as Mrs. Weasley, Bill, and Charlie sped away from them. "What rules are they changing?" But Mrs. Weasley only smiled and waved. Before the train had rounded the corner, she, Bill, and Charlie had Disapparated.

"Oh this is utter crap"Jade rolled her eyes making her way to the compartment with her friends in.

A/N

I'm gonna do most of it by the movie timeline because I kinda just prefer it idk why. The train ride and the feast will be in the next one bc this is a long one by my standards.

WordCount: 1615