073 Episode 27: End; Death dancing in the Masquerade (1)

Episode 27: End; Death dancing in the Masquerade (1)

Wei Yan called his assistant Kwok Pan Wei.

"Yes, professor. Did you call me."

Kwok Pan Wei held his shivering hands together.

Now that [Melissia Masquerade] was just around the corner, Wei Yan was as sensitive as he had ever been. There were many things that had to be done, and Kwok Pan Wei had received his orders multiple times a day.

But this time, the atmosphere was rather strange.

"I have a few of my people inside the International Hunter Association. You're aware of that, right?"

"Yes, professor. Of course..."

"One in human resources, one in the supplies, three in the frontlines and two from the commanding group... I have a lot of ears spread out in all places, and hear many stories."

"...Yes."

"But most of the reports I receive aren't interesting. Stories of high-ups with stored belly fat, are always one or another."

Kwok Pan Wei rolled his eyes because this time, Wei Yan's explanation was a lot longer than usual. What was he trying to say?

"But... today was a little bit interesting."

"...?"

"There had been an official letter secretly sent to Japan's royal family."

In surprise, Kwok Pan Wei widened his eyes.

Japan's royal family?

If that was true, the letter would most likely have been in relation to Melissia Masquerade.

"Well, us demons aren't perfect existences either, and the moment Prototype X became a failure, it also became impossible to fully connect our minds. So it's possible for there to be a little rat from the association. I understand that."

"..."

"An official document from the association to Japan? Possible. They could have had a clue regarding it, but sending it to Japan's royal family, and not a random guild of Japan? I wouldn't say that's possible. The association and the royal family aren't close enough to send greetings are they? In other words, there is a high chance that the association is aware of every hint of ink that is on our strategic document. Aigo, but you know what?"

"..."

Wei Yan's expression crumpled like a devilish ghost, as Kwok Pan Wei felt something suppress his breath.

"I don't know what that 'letter' is about."

"..."

There was a gap in data and intel.

The association started preparing against the strategies of the undetectables, while they hadn't even grasped the intention of the association.

"Go and find the rat. If you can't find it, bring me a tail at least. If you can't even find that, find traces."

Due to the appearance of an unbelievable existence named X, things started going south, and the assistant professor had been slapped a few times. He had already known that Wei Yan had labelled him useless, but this time, he was swept past with a different anxiety.

"If you can't even find traces... why am I keeping you?"

Kwok Pan Wei started moving.

Spending sleepless nights, he checked the entry records and looked through surveillance cameras of the surrounding areas. He browsed through security artifacts, and crazily searched through everything that could have caused a leak in information.