066 Episode 25: Happy Happy Fitness (1)

TL: There are lots of references to Korean folklore in this chapter. I have links at the end of the chapter, in case you wanted to have a deeper look into them.

Episode 25: Happy Happy Fitness (1)

The chief assistant was looking through a pile of documents.

He was currently inside an office of the International Hunter Association, and this morning, they had received an unbelievable message from an anonymous person.

It was regarding the end-of-the-year event of Lair, which was soon to happen at the S+ dungeon, 'Melissia Masquerade', about how there was a chance for a catastrophe-ranked, and a disaster-ranked demon to appear there.

"..."

After going through the document again, the chief placed his hand on his chin.

This person was just writing fiction.

No matter how he saw it, it was a cluster of plausible opinionated claims.

1. A troop of demons located in the Balkan Peninsula was heading to Korea. Apparently it was because the dungeon, 'Melissia Masquerade' was inside Japan's territory.

2. Obelisks appeared all the way from a deserted island in the North Pacific to Saipan. According to the one that sent the documents, it was a structure that could allow a concentration of immense amounts of mana.

3. Recently, the price of magic stones had jumped up significantly, and it was apparently because someone was buying them in bulks.

4. Several countries whose governments are suspected to be hugely influenced by demons, are requesting to be absent during Lair's end-of-the-year event. It was in order to take a step back from a potential turf war with other demons.

Using dozens of various other information, ranging from political to economic and social issues, the anonymous informant was expanding on one claim.

- Something is going to happen at Melissia Masquerade.

And it would be something very dangerous.

The chief aide returned his gaze back to the display. He checked the claim's evidence, and realised that they were indeed true. The only doubt that remained in his head, was that those points seemed extremely far off and unrelated to each other.

He scratched his chin.

This sounded like an accumulation of gossips, full of holes. Right, something like this is what we call a narrative... but,

'Why does everything fall into place?'

The proofs of the claim were so indistinctly different, that it was hard for him to understand in one go.

He thought for a bit, before asking his secretary.

"Source. Where's this from."

"It was anonymous..."

"But there should be traces at least right?"

"It's completely anonymous, since it was placed on top of my desk when I came to work."

"Why didn't you say that earlier?"

"Don't you remember? I told you just a few minutes ago..."

Blankly, the chief listened to the words of his secretary, before laughing out.

"Well, I can't remember everything you say."

It was unknown who it was from, but it was nonetheless a nasty piece of work.