029 Episode 12: Declarer Selection (1)

{by RainTL || December 14, 2020}

Episode 12: Declarer Selection (1)

That morning was the same as every other morning.

In order to feel a daily life, the clone had gone to work and the protector was in the middle of washing dishes. And Yu Jitae prepared himself by only wearing some clean clothes. If not for Kaeul, today would have been the same peaceful day as any other.

Sitting down in the living room in front of Kaeul, Bom showed off her skills. After tapping a few creams on the skin, she used an eyeliner, mascara, shadower, curler and tens of other tools and messed around for almost one full hour.

Since her actions all seemed so natural, he asked and it seemed that she had learnt it back in Europe.

"Smile. Cheese."

"...Cheese."

A pink blush was added on Kaeul's cheeks and soon after that, a deeper colour was added to her lips. Gyeoul glanced back and forth between Kaeul's face and the cosmetics, as if she found it intriguing.

"Phew. Finished. Would you like to have a look and tell us how it is, ahjussi?"

"Alright."

Bom removed her hands that had been blocking Kaeul's face. Slowly, the baby chicken opened her eyes.

The atmosphere around her was different. Usually, she had an innocent, bright appearance albeit looking slightly foolish but after the makeup was over, she looked surprisingly calm.

"Uwah... is this really me?"

"Un. Does it look okay?"

"Unni! How about you become the owner of a cosmetics shop?"

But the look of surprise on her face as she looked at the mirror, was undoubtedly Kaeul's.

Yu Jitae took all of them outside and today, even Yeorum who would stay holed up in her room, followed them wearing sweats.

They headed for the venue where the declaration audition will be held.

On the way to the academy campus via taxi after leaving the residential area, Kaeul's eyes still remained on the script.

The taxi slid by as it headed for the venue.

A weekday morning. Despite currently being the school holidays, there were lots of people commuting to work and the surroundings were bustling with people. But since the audition itself would not be broadcasted, silence welcomed them inside the actual venue.

There was a small stage inside that place.

They did come ten minutes earlier, but it seemed that they were comparatively late. When they opened the door, dozens of gazes pierced through them. There were contestants – the cadets, people belonging in the same households or study groups as the cadets and their guardians but it was obvious that their gazes weren't friendly.

"What are you looking at? Are you here for sightseeing?"

In response to Yeorum's words, some of them avoided eye contact while some formed frowns.