039 Episode 17: Anti-demon War Simulation (1)

by RainTL | December 30, 2020

"Uwah! Is this for me!?"

The baby chicken asked after receiving a shopping bag from Bom.

"What is it?"

"Try opening it."

"Nn! Thank you unni...!"

Her small hands carefully opened the bag and took out a box. Inside the box was a black wallet made from crocodile skin. Feeling its lumpy texture that resembled a chocolate, the baby chicken gasped, "Uwah," with sparkling eyes and cautiously observed the wallet.

Meanwhile, Gyeoul also received a new teddy bear from Yu Jitae.

"..."

The teddy bear in her arms had its colour faintly faded. It was because Gyeoul continued washing it with her elemental water magic, whenever it became dirty.

With the buttons on the eyes worn out, the blue teddy bear also had its two arms in tatters.

Gyeoul looked back and forth between Yu Jitae and the new teddy bear before carefully receiving the new bear. Then, she stared at the new teddy bear for a long time.

"Do you like it."

Her small head moved up and down, and her eyes gazing up at Yu Jitae were brighter than ever.

"Give me the old one."

But that was when the smile disappeared from her face. With a tense expression, Gyeoul shook her head.

Feeling somewhat strange, Yu Jitae grabbed the old teddy bear but Gyeoul put power into her grip and resisted.

"Are you going to keep it? Why."

"..."

"It's worn out."

Shake, shake.

"Not going to throw it away?"

Nod.

She became stubborn. This was the first time Gyeoul was opposing Yu Jitae's decision so he therefore decided to let go of the teddy bear.

It didn't really matter, so he decided to let it be.

In the end, Gyeoul ended up hugging both teddy bears with her two arms.

"Uh? Unni."

"Un?"

It was then that Kaeul asked with a startled voice. Her finger was pointing at a handcuff and a whip.

"Who is that for?"

"Ah, it's for Yeorum. Is she back yet?"

Kaeul's face blanched as the baby chicken went through a simulation in her head.

Yu Yeorum – that violent red dragon gets its hands on a handcuff and a whip. Was there someone who she would use that to inside the dormitory?

"Y, you can't give this to Yeorum-unni...!"

"Un? Why?"

"I'll be dead...!"

Right when Kaeul was about to dash in and take Yeorum's gifts,

Kwang!

Someone opened the door as if they wanted to break it.

It was Yeorum.

Her entire body was bathed in sweat as if she had been going through an arduous training and she was short of breath.

"Huh? What's that. You got something good hey?"