018 Episode 8: Baby Chicken's Dream (1)

{by RainTL || November 23, 2020}

Episode 8: Baby Chicken's Dream (1)

On the way back to the dormitory, Yu Jitae and Yeorum did not share much of a conversation.

In the season of falling leaves, the sky was blue and the cool breeze was comforting. Yeorum's red hair fluttered in the wind.

The road was filled with street stalls, as bakeries and takoyaki stores lined up. It was a relatively famous street market district in the Academy City, and it would perhaps be a good idea to bring Kaeul here when she had time.

Soon, they entered the residential area and arrived before their dorm. Being automatic doors, the officetel's main entrance opened by itself as the pair of male and female reached it. Without going in, Yeorum stayed still in front and because she was blocking the way, Yu Jitae had to stop as well.

She seemed to be either deep in thought, or in hesitation.

When the automatic doors were about to close, she threw her hand in between and pushed it open again. Then, she resumed carrying her feet and slowly climbed the stairs, as Yu Jitae followed from behind.

As they reached the entrance of their actual house, Yeorum once again stopped where she was and stood still without opening the door.

"On the way here, I thought a bit."

Different from the voice that usually left her husky mouth, it contained a clear timbre. She turned her head and stared at Yu Jitae.

"I don't have anything. Well, you probably knew already after hearing from unni, but there was a bit of a problem while leaving my home. In other words, I had to chuck everything I had before leaving."

Yu Jitae quietly listened.

"After leaving on my Amusement, the only thing I did was to go around throwing my fists so the only thing I have is my body. If I knew things would turn out like this, I should have robbed their pockets or something."

"And what."

She scratched her head.

"So, there's nothing to really give you."

"What would you give me."

"I can't, okay? Because I don't have anything."

"Why would you."

"That's, well. Because there are things I received from you? Though I look like this, I'm not a shameless bitch."

Yu Jitae shook his head.

"It's fine. It's not like I'm having a transaction with you."

"No. It's embarrassing enough for me to die that I received help. Like I said, I do have my sense of shame okay?"

She glared daggers at Yu Jitae with her red eyes.

"So tell me. Is there anything you need?"

He shook his head.

"Anything you want to have or earn? Hobbies? Anything."

"I don't."