|Whatever Souls Are Made Of, His And Mine Are The Same|

Start from the beginning

"Aphrodítē is going to kill you," he stated matter-of-factly.

"She can try after I save my sister," Apóllōn shot back. They watched as the raven led her in long loops around the camp, cawing in warning whenever the harpies got too close before Apóllōn muttered threats to them to fall back. The part of Dionysos that was stationed at the Camp awakened, turning towards them before focusing on Drew. Amusement came from their younger brother alongside a bit of affront for them subverting his authority at the camp.

As if he wouldn't have figured out that she snuck out.

He said nothing though, standing aside as Apóllōn continued to lead her towards the pegasi stables before directing their attention towards the lake where Perseus was speaking with his own bonded pegasus.

"Poseidón is going to kill us all," Hermês murmured horrified, not that he was going to stop the boy. Far be it for him to lose more people in the quest to locate his Leaneíras. He then turned towards his Brother. "Why are you helping Drew? You know she searches not for Artemis."

"Tis why I know that Aphrodítē would not move against me," Apóllōn stated. "She used your sons to gift my Phoebe a poisoned shirt to remove her from the quest. Why, I do not know."

"Maybe it was to get Perseus on the quest," he pointed out. "She always speaks on the love the siblings have for one another."

"Regardless of her intentions, I will not stand for an attack on one of my own," he sniffed, even if he technically gave up parental rights when she became a huntress. "And I have watched over this one. I wish to make her my champion."

Huákinthos and Hermês shared looks of shock. The last time Apóllōn favored a mortal that was not of his own seed; they went on to become the first emperor of Roma. And well, the time before that was Héktōr and of course before that was Huákinthos himself. The white raven approached the child of doves, placing something that glittered silver in her hand.

Hermês recognized it immediately. It was an amulet of many faces. One that was crafted by Kirkê with a metal that could only be found within Hyperborea. The same metal that Apóllōn's bow was crafted from. It was enchanted to alter the appearance of the owner (and only the owner) according to her wishes. It came with a limit to how much it could be used, and it had been gathering dust for eons as the gods were shapeshifters, so Apóllōn had no need for it, but it was... it was still something worthy of awe.

"She is an archer," Apóllōn stated. "And while she did train under Érōs at one point, her skill is all her own. When she attends competitions, she never fails to murmur a prayer to Artemis and I and every win whether it be a medal or trophy, she gifts to us if she is allowed to keep it. She is on track to participate in the Olympics. She named her arrows after my sister and me. Her quiver after Delos. Her bow after my Mother. How can I not reward such faith?"

"You breed resentment with your own children," Hermês pointed out. "Especially those that also show interest in furthering their skill." Wasn't one of them interested in going to the Olympics also or was that one of Huákinthos' children that the couple masquerade as Apóllōn's?

"My children and legacies have my favor either way," Apóllōn waved off. "But this one..." His gaze tracked her as she approached the pegasus that Hermês noted to have attracted Leaneíras' interest so long ago. The creature seemed to be waiting for her, using its own snout to unlock the stall before trotting out with its head held high. Drew met its gaze evenly. The animal crouched for her to climb on and in seconds, they were gone from the camp.

It took him but a moment to realize that they were following after Perseus who was following behind the vehicle that the quest members were on.

"I am surprised that Annabeth is not trying to sneak out," Hermês murmured.